“Excellent menu” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bad Art Bistro

Bad Art Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bad Art Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 212 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leawood, Kansas, United States
“Excellent menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had reservations, which was good for the peak time of Saturday night. There were several wonderful salads and cocktails you don't get everywhere. The pork chop was luscious.

Visited June 2013

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Patio Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

We ordered three small plates - Shrimp Tempura, Fish Cakes, and Plantain Fritters. Sat on the covered patio with a bottle of wine - perfect evening atmosphere.

Visited May 2013
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Maybe needs another chance?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I went to Bad Art Bistro after reading the reviews. Have to say not overly impressed. Great patio to sit outside and enjoy the weather but the food left something to be desired. I ordered the tandoori chicken as a meal with the mashed potatoes with spinach and blue cheese. The chicken was raw inside the pieces, so I sent it back to cook longer. When it came back it was still raw so I decided to not try a third time. My potatoes were good but you couldn't taste the cheese and they could've used some seasoning but were okay (especially if you are hungry like I was at this point). I went ahead and ordered dessert, the creme caramel. It was good but the flavor of the Grand Mariner that was advertised was non existent. The service was good even with the food difficulties. I will give it another try in the future but will wait a bit though.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Carbondale, Colorado
“A Treasure in St Joe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Just booked a table for eight on a Friday night. I can't say how gracious they were to seat this large a party at the last minute. Food was excellent and the wine list a cut above what was to be expected for St Joe. Definitely a treasure to be supported.

• Visited April 2013
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“I've dropped it a notch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

This used to be my favorite restaurant. I love the food, but I have to drop it's score because of the service. Oh, they're nice enough, but we've had some disappointments. Once we reserved a booth and when we arrived there was no booth to be had (isn't there a place where you can take a little note, phone answerer person?). That same evening I placed my salad fork in my salad bowl and the waiter told me I'd need to keep my fork. Seriously? I'm paying $80 for dinner and you don't have a clean fork back there for me? Staff training is needed to bring them up to par with the excellent food here.

• Visited December 2012