“A Treasure in St Joe”
Review of Bad Art Bistro

Bad Art Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bad Art Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 214 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carbondale, Colorado
“A Treasure in St Joe”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Just booked a table for eight on a Friday night. I can't say how gracious they were to seat this large a party at the last minute. Food was excellent and the wine list a cut above what was to be expected for St Joe. Definitely a treasure to be supported.

• Visited April 2013

Saint Joseph, Missouri
“I've dropped it a notch.”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This used to be my favorite restaurant. I love the food, but I have to drop it's score because of the service. Oh, they're nice enough, but we've had some disappointments. Once we reserved a booth and when we arrived there was no booth to be had (isn't there a place where you can take a little note, phone answerer person?). That same evening I placed my salad fork in my salad bowl and the waiter told me I'd need to keep my fork. Seriously? I'm paying $80 for dinner and you don't have a clean fork back there for me? Staff training is needed to bring them up to par with the excellent food here.

• Visited December 2012
midwest
“What a treasure!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place is fantastic! We have eaten here twice and the food was exceptional both times. The food is prepared fresh and tastes like it. This gem is the type of restaurant you expect on the west coast or in very large cities. The menu is exciting and reflects the cook's French background. They have an impressive wine list also.

I love it! One of my top ten restaurants in the US.

• Visited January 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy food!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I were passing through on our way from Omaha to Kansas City and decided to stop for dinner. Everything we got was absolutely delicious and the service was great! We highly recommend the flat iron steak, it was probably one of the best steaks either of us have ever had. The Osso Bucco was delicious as well! It was a bit on the pricy side for dinner but worth every cent! We will be back!

Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States
“Wanted to love it”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I saw a number of reviews of Bad Art Bistro so thought it would be great for my husband and I to try. We made online reservations and upon arrival were seated immediately. However, we noticed that two larger parties had been seated just before we were, so in a small restaurant that usually is not a good sign! I have mixed feelings about this bistro: 1)Between each course, we had a LONG wait for our food-other parties that arrived after us were served and left before we did; 2)the atmosphere was quirky and fun to look at the bad art on walls; 3)the appetizer was the snails, which were served in a neat pastry basket and were delicious; 4)the salad and the soup were inedible because they were so salty; 5)the lamb oso buco and the hanger steak were fabulous; 6)the waitress was stressed and appeared overworked and didn't seem to have much time to check on us. Start to finish we were held hostage nearly 2 1/2 hours--just not what were were expecting when we headed out for dinner that evening.

• Visited February 2013