“Best burger ever”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Owatonna, Minnesota
“Best burger ever”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Although certainly more elegant than a burger joint, we were just looking for a sandwich whewn stumbling upon this establishment. I think of all the burgers I've eaten in my life that this was the tastiest. Good quality. Good taste. Good service.

Visited November 2011

Saint Joseph, Missouri
“You have to see it.”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Bad Art Bistro must have one of the most eclectic collections of seriously bad art I've ever come across. It was a thrill to scan the interior - in more ways than one ;0)

The food here is good, and the service is acceptable. Waiting staff don't hover about in desperation to please, but they don't ignore you either.

The price-tag made me squirm a bit, to be honest.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank absolutwillie
iowa
“Wish I lived closer!”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

After searching Trip Advisor for unusual places to eat we went here. What a fun evening! We ordered the Duck Dim Sum for an appetizer. Wish I could have had a whole meal of those tasty little duck and ginger dumplings! My husband had the buffalo burger and fries and had to have a doggie bag because it was too big for one serving. He loved it. I had Magret de canard. Of course I had never had duck breast or veal sweetbreads so I was elated that it was so good! The apple salad and rice together were so pretty I hated to eat it, but I did and it was just right!
Make sure you look at their on line menu before you go...otherwise you make take an hour to decide what you want. I wish I lived closer so I could try everything on the menu!

Oslo, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food, exellent service, special place”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Simply fantastic food in a place you do not expect. This place is as good, if not better as any high class restaurant located in a major city. Went here today with a bunch of colleagues and was very pleasantly surprised. This is one of the places in St'joseph that brings great hope for a small midwest city that is marked by a lot of people leaving, and empty nostalgic tone buldings in this town. Any way, I recommend you to visit this restaurant, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Belgee
Lansing, Kansas
“A Diamond in the Rough”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I had an opportunity to stay one evening in St. Joe and when we asked our B&B manager where to eat he recommended the Bad Art Bistro. We were not sure what to expect, but were very happy with what we got. As promised, the art is bad, lots of paintings on velvet and items that we may look at with a condescending eye, but it creates a fun atmosphere and gives patrons something interesting to discuss while they wait for the wonderful food. We tried a number of tapas-like appetizers and were very happy with every one. They all had wonderful flavor and made us anxious to try our meals. The meals themselves were fantastic. The food was flavorful, cooked perfectly, and well worth the price. The place is a bit on the expensive side, but I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2011