“A special place.”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“A special place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is the place to go with the girls to spend a couple of hours relaxing, sipping tea, and nibbling on dainty food. Don't go if you're in a rush. Eat dessert. (I do wish they had more comfortable chairs).

Visited October 2012
1 Thank BrendaKayB

Mke
“Tea for Two”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

A friend and I ventured to St. Joseph for a spot of tea and lunch. What a wonderful historical restaurant with a fantastic tea menu and delicious food! Our hostess was courteous and a wonderful chef! I highly recommend going here if you love a meal made from scratch and a pleasant atmosphere. We plan to go back in spring to enjoy tea outdoors!

• Visited December 2012
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Worth your time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a great place to eat, the homemade food was amazing, the lemon curd you recieve with you scone was memerable! The home/resturant has so much character, it is interesting to see the place. I always look forward to going there.

Visited October 2012
Wayne, NJ
“A Charm Of A Tea House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was passing through Saint Joseph and learned of the Gothic Tea House from Trip Advisor. I love going to Tea Houses and this one has to be amongst my favorites of those I have visited. I arrived late in the day, which was good because I was traveling solo and didn't feel out of place. The food and atmosphere was fantastic. What I always look for at a Tea House is if the staff know the teas - the server did, and she made a great recommendation for me. I would have liked dessert, because they looked sensational, just didn't have the time to stay any longer. If I'm ever back in the area (I'm from NJ) I'd definitely go back.

• Visited November 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“A Special Treat on a Quiet Street”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Gothic House Tea Room and Eatery is located not far from the intersection of I-229 and Highway 36 in a quiet St. Joseph neighboorhood. For anyone seeking homemade delicacies in a different type of tea room, The Gothic House is a "must stop." It is located in a home that has been restored and now, inside and out, closely resembles the building's original Gothic Revival appearance of the 1860s.
In addition to the variety of teas, coffees, and mulled ciders one would find in a typical tea room, The Gothic House features an ever-changing menu of "made from scratch" items. For our "late lunch," my wife and I each had a cup of soup, shared a hot chicken salad (the tea room's "daily special"), declined several spectacular appearing desserts, and then concluded our meal with home-made scones featuring a lemon curd dip. All items were delicious, beautifully plated, and served by a very personable and friendly waitress who also is the tea room's hostess, cook, and owner. The next time we are in St. Joseph, we will return to The Gothic House to sample other items from their ever-changing menu of home-made delicacies.

• Visited November 2012