“Not to be missed”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Kansas City, Missouri
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have been going here for two years and it is the most special place. It's a magical place inside and out. The owner is the chef and her food is amazing!!! Everything is home made. I have taken many people here and they just fall in love with it. The food is incredible!!! The decor is wonderful.

I love being there. Please don't miss this wonderful gem!! The service is amazing. It's my favorite Restraunt.

• Visited July 2012

Nashua, NH
“Loved it!”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I felt like I was back in time during the victorian era eating at this place. You can go there for lunch or tea. It’s a renovated Gothic style house with lots of character. The owner takes your order and cooks the food herself, and what a delicious home cooked meal that is! There are a variety of teas and daily specials to choose from. At the beginning you’re served this amazing scone accompanied of this very light sauce, which I’ve never had better! The meal and dessert were incredible! It was like my grandmother cooked it. I can’t say enough good things about the experience.

Visited April 2012
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Exquisite tea house/eatery with wonderful service”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Not to be missed! Nestled in a wonderfully restored American - Victorian Gothic house, this lady has done a first class job! Food is excellent, decor lovely and proprietoress is absolutely charming. Don't miss it!

• Visited January 2012
Prairie Village, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Completely unexpected”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We just happened to drive by and notice it was open. They serve more than tea in very cute atmosphere. It was affordable, the tea selection was pretty big, and we even got complementary scones with lemon curd dip. It make for a very nice lunch.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank RachLT55
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“I love Gothic House!”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This beautifully restored house sets the scene for a wonderful mid-day snack! The atmosphere is wonderfully relaxed, and the food is simply marvelous. (I could quite easily live on the soups!) The proprietor hosts, cooks and entertains all her guests with the greatest sense of ease. I simply don't know how she does it - but I'm ever so thankful she does!