“Surprising!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saint James
Springfield, Missouri
“Surprising!”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I read some of the other reviews on here before I decided to book. It seemed like this hotel was the only chain in St. James, so I was a bit skeptical at first. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and nice the room was! The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very large. (I should mention here that for some reason I was put in a handicapped accessible room although I did not need it, and this may be the reason for the large bathroom.). The breakfast in the morning was good, except for the coffee which I did not care for. I may just be too picky about coffee, though! All of the employees I encountered were courteous and polite. The hotel is also in a great location because it is easily accessible to interstate 44, as well as the rest of the town. In all, I had a great stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Belleville, IL
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We were on our way to Branson; had to take cover due to a tornado. The manager and staff were the most courteous I've ever seen, letting us and a few others take cover in the lobby, and offering items from the continental breakfast area if we were so inclined. We noticed this hotel seemed immaculate and had a very nice indoor pool area. Although we did not see the rooms as we did not stay, what we did see and the kindness of the staff would definitely make this hotel one of our favorites and will highly recommend the same. Thank you again Days Inn!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 30, 2011

The service was great, clean rooms, common areas and the pool was great. The gift shop adds a nice touch. The best part is how the staff goes above and beyond for people in uniform. The staff had a cook out for all service members in the hotel on one of the nights I was there. This in it self deserves and excellent rating. The breakfast is great and the staff is courteous and professional. A definite place to stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Oklahoma
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Stopped here on our way to spend the weekend in Chicago. The beds were fine and comfortable. They offer a nice breakfast that included waffles. The breakfast area was HUGE! Most hotels I stay in have small crampedbreakfast quarters. This breakfast area was the best I've ever seen. Nice friendly staff. I'd stay here again when passing thru.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Central Illinois
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Not alot of choices on I-44 in St James Missouri. Business took me here, and the Days Inn proved to be more than a nice, clean place to stay. The evening and day staff were great, the common areas are superb, the room was clean and fresh, and the bed and pillows were superior to the $$$$ lodging in Vegas last month. Absolutely no hesitation - try it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Being a motel in a small town, we were apprehensive but I'll tell you what, it's a very nice place. The lady at the front desk said it was completely refurbished in 2009. New carpeting, flat screen tv, very nice bedding (comfortable too), nice decor. The room still had a hint of new sheets/carpet/paint. Very nice fitness room (6 new machines.)The pool was a good size, but in January it was a bit cold for our taste. If I were traveling through the state, I'd stay here and avoid Rolla. read the reviews of the hotels there....eeeek! Anyways, the continental breakfast was fine, not very extensive but covered the basics. Overall I'd say it was an 8/9 out of 10.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
MissAmanda74, Owner at Greenstay Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I appreciate the compliments on our hotel and I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to seeing you back in St. James, MO soon.

Amanda Schaefer
owner, Days Inn & Suites-St. James, Missouri
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Gave great military discount that brought price down - along with serving breakfast, this made the price the same as a cheap hotel but much more comfortable. WiFi and fitness room too. Nice beds, slept well.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla
Comfort Suites Rolla
Comfort Suites Rolla
#5 of 13 in Rolla

Been to Greenstay Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!