Review Highlights
Worthy of College level paper.

Reviewed August 5, 2018
Wilkerson-35
Saint James, Missouri
Great place!

Reviewed April 24, 2018
K J
Springfield, Missouri
via mobile

All reviews off the beaten path drier wines trees cats winery
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2018

I loved this place so much that I wrote a paper on it for an English class. The personality of the place can be found in the wine sold and the stories told. I don't want to give too much away. Drive through the canopy trees and find yourself in the world of Heinrichshaus.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

He has a great winery. There were 5 different wines I tried and I liked all of them which was surprising as he has drier wines and normally I don’t like them. He had 2 reds and 3 whites. I didn’t like the red wines as much as the whites and he said red wines are more of an acquired taste. It could take lots of glasses of white wines to start enjoying the red wines more. He has cats and they are very loving and adorable. He does not talk that much although is very enjoyable. I would definitely recommend to come out and just try his wines. The building is old and off the beaten path but definitely worth a visit.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank K J
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in to Heinrichshaus yesterday for the first time and it was amazing! Heinrich took us through a tasting of 6 wines. We love dry wines and every one that we sampled was first rate, complex and delicious. Heinrich was very patient as we asked question after question about his wines and his process, history, etc etc. We ended up buying 7 bottles and will certainly go back to spend some time on his property in the spring and summer.

The tasting room is a throwback to a simpler time and Heinrich’s wines speak for themselves. The small room has two cats and many awards that have gathered dust over the years. You have to see it to believe the quaintness. It was only 9 degrees outside when we visited, but his antique woodstove in the tasting room made it feel so cozy. Heinrich was so sweet that we felt like we had known him for years and you can really understand and taste his dedication to winemaking. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: December 2017
3  Thank SockMonkey1228
Reviewed December 5, 2017

Don't expect anything fancy at this location. In fact, ~ the quaint, small, almost clean tasting room adds to the family charm of this unique winery. The purpose for your visit here is the finest of Chambourcin, Norton and Chardonel wines to be found in Missouri. Map out your way to this location very carefully since the signage is almost impossible to find.

Date of experience: April 2017
2  Thank Norton Wine T
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

This winery is off the beaten path and not trendy but has a charm that shouldn't be missed. Heinrich was a delightful man who told us about the wines. We prefer sweet wines and he only had dry and semi dry wines, but he still had us try a couple that he thought we would like and we did! The conversation with this man was priceless and so enjoyable. Take the time to stop here and visit!! You will come away feeling great!

Date of experience: July 2017