“Great Service, Clean Rooms, Affordable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Budget Lodging

Budget Lodging
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Clair
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great Service, Clean Rooms, Affordable prices”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is a little gem. First, the service was very friendly and welcoming. Over the course of my brief stay I felt I was with friends. Second, the rooms were cozy, comfortable and well-cared for, not to mention, pristine. I slept soundly the entire night. Moreover, the affordable prices were a bargain for what I received in value and comfort. The staff recommended a couple of restaurants that were just as friendly and the food at reasonable prices. I will surely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Keith L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I don't know how else to tell you the kindness that was shown to my family, than to tell you the whole story. If you can't read the whole thing here's the bullet point - I'd stay here again!
My two kids and I try to go with my husband when he is going to be gone on a business trip. Normally we play and go to cool science centers, zoos, anything fun/educational. This trip we were thrown for a loop, we had just arrived at the hotel, my husband went to get some takeout for dinner (not from the hotel). I can only assume that the chicken we ate was bad. My son almost immediately said the chicken made his tummy feel bad. Before the night was over he and I were vomiting. In the morning I thought I had better put a sign out for housekeeping, so we could get some more garbage bags to vomit in. Barb, the sweet lady from housekeeping came in, I immediately apologized, because I had to throw up again. She was so kind and said what can I do for you. She got us plently of garbage bags, new towels, and 4 Sierra Mists. That was the only thing my son was keeping down. She didn't even act like we were the "black death." A little later there was a knock at my door, and it was a man with a box of saltine crackers. Not a few packets, a whole box. I found out later it was the owner, Jason. He didn't say "Now that will be $2.50." He and Barb,just helped a Mom who severly needed help!! Thanks, my son and I lived off the sierra mist and those crackers for the next day 1/2.
It's nice to know there's still good people in the world. About the hotel - it is clean and comfortable. Our room was big. Free Wi Fi definitely helped entertain us when sick. Really like the popcorn every night (once we could eat it) and the free hot chocolate (with marshmallows) in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AB25_13
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 4 days during a short business trip, based on Trip Advisor recommendation. I found that the description I found in Trip Advisor when searching for hotels in the area was once again accurate. Spacious and clean rooms, free and reasonably fast internet access (faster than what I have seen in some high price hotels), very friendly and helpful staff, coffee around the clock (important if you come from Europe with jetlag). The breakfast was OK although I had hoped they had a waffle maker which they did not. But that is obviously no reason to mark down my rating. The room was to the back side, away from the street Nd very quiet. There was the occasional train blowing its whistle but that fortunately only happened during teh day (or maybe I just was not woken up by it in the night). So if I'm in the area, I'll book again, as it is excellent vakue for money.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bpo-spam
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Only downside of this hotel is no coffee in the rooms and outside access. The place is a little old but very well maintained and the staff are very friendly and efficient! I got 2 rooms next to each other and they were both clean and comfortable! They have fridge/microwave combo that was also clean and in working order. I would definately stay here again - you can't beat the price and food is available right next door! Breakfast is adequate - only missed hot items.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 20, 2013

That being said I had a wonderful stay! You can't go in with high expectations to budget lodging because you will scrutinize everything and be let down! I went in with no expectations what-so-ever and I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel.

When I pulled in there were very few cars in the lot, I was happy about that because when the parking lot at a hotel is full it makes me nervous! I walked into the open and inviting lobby after a very long drive and Becky was there to greet me with a smile. She made the check in process quick and easy, a little small talk and a quick run down on what amenities the hotel offers as she was running my card (they have free popcorn, tea, coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby right by the front desk). She also told me about the breakfast bar they have from 6-10am in a cozy room in the back corner of the lobby. I asked where my room was so I could find a good spot to keep an eye on my car and she assured me I would be able to park right infront of my room..she was right!

The room I am in has a wooden table and two partially upholstered chairs, a nice little mini fridge, a very clean microwave, a big outdated tv up on a wall mount facing the 2 beds (doesn't bother me any that it's older, just wanted to describe it haha), your typical ice bucket and plastic cups, dresser, and night stand. There's an alarm clock, lots of lights, a hair drier..

The room itself is nice and roomy. When I walked in the first thing I noticed was the heater was already on, the room was nice and toasty and it was so quiet! I was in the back away from the highway, I don't hear any noise at all! The second thing I noticed was the smell, it didn't smell like a motel/hotel! It smelled liked someone's home, very cozy and nice. The walkway outside my door is lit. As a female traveling alone it's important to me (and my husband :) ) to feel safe, and here at Budget Lodging I feel as comfortable here as I do at home. Speaking of comfortable, the bed and linens very comfy!!

The next time I am around this area and need somewhere to stay I will definitely be coming here again. I had a pleasant stay, and could not be happier with the value and service I received.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back if you have a hard time sleeping through city noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Washington, Missouri, United States
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have stayed here several times. The review rating is dead on 4 1/2 of 5 stars. The best around this area (Franklin County) in this price range. It is always maintained well. I have stayed in several different rooms, all of which had a refridgerator and microwave. Some other places charge extra for this. Saves a bit of money, by cooking yourself. The staff (and I have met many) are always friendly and curtious. I would say this place is more homelike than many of the others I have stayed at. Rooms are spacious, clean and decorated well. The heating and cooling units work very well and look to be more modern. I have stayed at places where the units looked pieced together, and barely worked. Either did'nt cool enough in the summer, or heat in the winter. I do not know what it is about the complimentary popcorn, but I love it! I've only eaten breakfast a few times. I did not expect a fancy lay-out at the cost of a nights stay, but it fills the void. I have had no problems with internet connections, or TV reception...ever! I am thinking about making this my primary get away hotel. This place is doing a fantastic job. Well done! One last thing I forgot to mention, the lobby is very nice and welcoming. Love the fireplace... nice touch

Room Tip: First time I am staying on back side of building. Still can park in front of door. Seems a bit quiet...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Traveling home on a trip north we were searching for a quick place to stay overnight and rest up. I had remembered our pleasant stay months before. Again it was a nice clean welcoming place without some of the quirks of corporate chains. If I could find these gems the big boys would be in trouble.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BEST WESTERN PLUS Washington Hotel
Super 8 Washington
Super 8 Washington
#2 of 3 in Washington

Been to Budget Lodging? Share your experiences!