“Mm Mm Good!”
Review of Gibby's

Gibby's
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Saint Clair
Cuisines: American
Description: Restaurant phone number: 636-629-3636. They do not have a website yet.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Mm Mm Good!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

While visiting family in St. Clair MO on a motorcyle ride, we decided to stop at Gibby's. Good choice. Great food, small homey bar & grill. The Tornado burger was recommended...DELICIOUS!!! My husband had the pizza which was excellent as well.

• Visited April 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eureka location”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Made our first visit to Gibby's, our trip was to the Eureka location. I'd seen some reviews that said service was lacking and inattentive, so we were kind of jaded as we arrived...

Couldn't have been further from the truth. We were greeted by a couple nice gals, immediately served drinks and menus. We had 2 kids with us and a few other servers stopped by to chat with them, incredibly friendly all around.

We had a large STL style pizza, toasted ravioli appetizer and a kids meal (chicken fingers/fries). Everything was excellent! Bathrooms were super clean, spacious dining area, great food.

We'll definitely be back! I'm not sure if most of the reviews I read were dated or if the ownership took note of the bad reviews, but we had absolutely no complaints.

• Visited April 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Gibby a burger but hold the fries”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We were headed west on I44 from St. Louis, hungry and looking for anything that wasn't big business fast food. We gave up while passing St. Clair and headed for a Subway. One wrong turn later and we realized we were at the bottom of a hill in a small shopping area with the possibility of finding a local hangout. A moment later we were intrigued by a sign proclaiming Gibby's, the home of the Gibby. Hunger + a Gibby (whatever that was) might be a good thing. Well, we settled into a moderate sized restaurant with a bar to one side with a friendly, motherly waitress and a menu that explained that a Gibbyburger was 1 1/2 pounds (family sized?, monster sized?) of meat with other stuff. Pass, but with remorse.

There were a number of interesting burgers on the menu and pizzas too. I settled on a mushroom burger with Provel cheese (never heard of it, but it appeared several times in the menu. Turns out it's a mixture of cheddar, Swiss, and provolone and it's characteristic of St. Louis style pizza. My burger was tasty, with what might have been 1/2 pound of flavorful beef in an atypical elongated shape on a bias cut Hoagie bun, sort of tender crumbly with the mushroom-Provel combo adding juiciness. I enjoyed it and worked at a standard issue French fry accompaniment.

The restaurant offered 4 or 5 fish specials on this Friday, and my wife, wanting a smallish lunch, ordered a fish sandwich instead of fish and chips. She was surprised when she still got fries with her fish and even more surprised when the price ($6.50 on the chalk board) was honored in the check. At this point in my life as an occasional roadside gourmand, fries have to be more than ordinary to be worth the calories and the effort. In our lunch, the burger was interesting and satisfying, the fish and fries ordinary. I'd try the pizza or another burger if I returned, and at least would want a picture of a Gibbyburger. Oh, and Provel seemed nice as a topping cheese, integrating itself into my burger. You might need a GPS or some instructions to find Gibby's. Like so many local joints, it's just enough off the highway to not merit (or afford) notice in one of those blue highway signs. But exploring the small towns of America is worth it. You never know what you might find.

1 Thank inJester
Warsaw, Indiana
“Classic St Louis stle pizza”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The hubs wanted pizza, so we headed over to Gibby's. They serve St. Louis style pizza, which is thin and crispy. Very generous toppings. The only thing we weren't sure about was the type of cheese used, seemed more like a processed cheese rather than regular mozzarella and other tradition Italian cheeses.

Visited November 2012
Saint Clair, Missouri, United States
“Great pizza”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We've enjoyed Gibby's since they opened. We love the pizza, onion rings, chicken wings and the ribs. Their burgers are the BOMB! Really worth the stop.

• Visited July 2012