“Stinks BAD”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saint Clair
Nixa, Missouri
“Stinks BAD”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here Saturday night 7/21/2012 asked for a non smoking room. It was on third floor (no elevator and heavy suitcase), OK I need the exercise. The room was small the beds were small and very hot. It took a while for the airconditioning to cool the room down. So things are OK untill about 10:30 and then the cigarette smoke smell hit our room. Sorry I don't smoke and don't like the smell. The whole night I keep waking up smelling cigarette odor. The airconditioner was very noisey. Between the noise and the smell I did not sleep much. I would not recomend this place to stay mainly because of smoking in the rooms is OK.

Room Tip: Stay away from motels, Hotels that allow smoking unless that is what you do.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bob M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Timbuktu, Mali
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Because this hotel is above average and less than very good. More like good. Good. All is good. Very clean, nice, friendly and professional service. Ok, so I lean towards very good.

No real amenities to speak of, just a clean and comfortable bed and the norm bfast in the am. Good place for the weary road warrior.

Room Tip: Good for overnight stay
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mlotto7
chicago, illinois
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I pulled into this motel and were expecting another low budget experience. Some value for the money, but you get what you pay for. We were very pleasantly surprised. This motel is so clean that it smelled good even in the hallways. The sheets smelled like they had been dried in the sun. The heating system was silent and held a steady temperature. The fridge was also pperated silently. We had requested a room with operable windows and had one. The weather was nice, so we opened them and found the screens were intact. This motel gives fabulous value for the money. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
detroit
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I have stayed here twice and always have been treated with such politeness and kindness. The rooms are clean.I really like this hotel and I'm sure we'll stay there again soon.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
campbell, missouri
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We arrived on Friday afternoon to the hotel and walked into the lobby and had to use a phone to contact the front desk clerk which was annoying but not bad. After a night out we came back to sleep. Upon awaking that morning the group in the bed next too us pulled back their sheets and saw blood which looked like a scab came off of their legs, but come to find out after searching themselves they even had blood on their pillows. It was not theirs!! We called down and demanded sheets be changed and we would have went somewhere else but there was no hotels available because there was a big tournament that weekend in the area which is why we was there. When we called to let them know about the sheets they told us they would change them when they cleaned the room. Well we came home that night and had all new sheets and looked like a clean bed. My friend woke up the next morning with a bug on her when she was sleeping. I checked out demanding a discount because of the blood on the bed they said there was no way that we could prove that it was not our blood and it looked fresh on the sheets. Needless to say I let them know I was never returning and putting my experience on trip advisor and they could have cared less!! Well a week later I have bed bug bites that sometime appear a week later and I do believe it is from there!! because no one in my family that was not on the trip has them!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank amanda b

Travelers are raving about these Saint Clair hotels

Gilroy, California
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Have stayed here before but never during the summer. Room is small, but mostly clean. Fridge is so old it is from Montgomery Ward. The biggest problem I had was that the air conditioning WAS NOT turned on in the room. The room was so hot you could not breathe without difficulty. I called down to the front desk to see if there were any rooms that had the air already turned on. I was told by the clerk that the air is not turned on prior to the room being rented. After 3 hours the room is still not comfortable enough to be in without sweating. Never again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank 58delray
Kent, Ohio
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I'm always a bit leery of Super 8-type motels...but this place made me think differently. It was spotless...clean...neat an everything worked. The room was comfortable; the air conditioning worked (unlike the big hotel I stayed in the night before) and my late reservation was no problem. Breakfast...well, breakfast here was not quite grim...but nothing to start the day with, or on..a few stale looking bagels and slices of bread...some quarter=sized pastries...airpot coffee...cereal and a waffle maker...and machine juice. Sounds much better than it looked. Overall, however, I didn't stay here for the breakfast...was location, first, and price second. I don't think $50+ is a bargain, but it's ok.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
#2 of 3 in Washington
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#4 of 6 in Sullivan

Been to Super 8 St. Clair MO? Share your experiences!