Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Easy check in. Room was very hot and took a long time for AC too cool it down. Web site indicates 32 inch flat screen but that was no the case. It was old style and not easy to see. Breakfast was standard free breakfast food. Easy access to I-70.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Richard P
Py P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Richard,

Thank you for staying with us. We strive to exceed all of our guest's expectations and we will use your comments to help us improve. We will look into the TV issue you mentioned and the AC not being on already. We hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve you in the future.

Py, Management Staff

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a non-smoking room, but was in a hallway with other smoking rooms so the smell was still pretty strong. The room itself was decent size. The beds a little hard, but not unbearable. Location is good/felt safe. Very close to downtown and not too far from St. Louis attractions. Breakfast is okay. Had to keep logging in for wi-fi everytime I re-entered the room. Based on location and nothing terribly wrong I would try it again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Py P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We strive to exceed all of our guest's expectations and we will use your comments to help us improve. We hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve you in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I am not a negative person, and actually can put up with a lot! I have stayed in some horrible motels just for the bargain, however, you want what you paid for.

We came to St Charles for an event at Ameristar and stayed for 1 night. The check in process was uncomfortable with no acknowledgement or greeting, just very transactional, like we were a burden. Ok, that's fine, moving on...

When we finally get to our room, it was a nightmare!! The bed was undone and unmade. (Obviously someone had been sleeping there!!) The tv was still on. There was food and beverages in the fridge. There was some sort of fluid (I hope not bodily) running down the mirror. My first instinct was that someone was already in this room!!! I called the front desk and asked. I only got put on hold while they checked. They said no one was there and the room cleaning was marked as completed. (Room 209) I just kept being asked what I wanted to have done. Finally starting to get angry, I said to just give us a different room. I was advised there were no rooms available and they were totally sold out. I asked if we could just cancel the reservation with no fee and just go to another hotel. Again, this was not an option. This room was completely disgusting and unacceptable!! The 2 gentlemen came up to clean the room. When they entered, the manager just said "What's the problem"... again, no empathy or assertiveness to fix the situation. I had to explain why I did not want to sleep on used linens and be in a room with trash and food left over from the last guests. They began to strip the beds at that point. The manager returned and said they had a cancellation and we could move rooms...FINALLY. At this point, we are running behind on time for our schedule.

On to the new room... Walk in (Room 204) just to have wires hanging out of the ceiling where a smoke detector should be. (Which of course is a HUGE Missouri safety violation, making this room illegal to rent out) We had to get ready at this point and leave. We had a great evening away from this hotel. When we returned, we realized there was no tv remote. We called the front desk to see if we could get one, as the tv has no buttons to control it otherwise. We were told he would see if he could find one that works. The night person came up with a remote and attempted to get it to work. He was able to power on the tv with the remote, but not able to change channels or adjust volume. After trying, he said it wasn't going to work, and didn't think he had another one. That was the end of that and he left. Now we realize the tv is still on, and can not turn it off due to the lack of buttons!!!! Our solution, we had to cover the tv with bed covers just to block it out. I was way too mentally exhausted by this motel to even call the desk again to have him come back to turn it off.

Now,this is the jist of things,but there are also more examples!! I am just tired of going on and on. I would be here all night! I do have pictures of all of these examples that I will post as well. I would like a refund of our expenses as this experience was totally out of line!!!! Not to mention being put in a code violation room!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Justin V
Py P, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We strive to exceed all of our guest's expectations and we will use your comments to help us improve. I apologize for the inconvenience and we hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve you in the future.

Py, Management Staf

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The accommodations were nice and clean. Room was decently sized. But.... The hallway smelled of cigarette smoke and the breakfast the first morning was cold. The location was good, and staff was courteous as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Scribble_Scribe_WI,

Reviewed May 21, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I stayed two evenings with the St. Charles, MO ABVI this week while attending a seminar, and I really enjoyed my visit. The room was spacious, the service all around with staff was gracious, and I loved how clean and comfortable the property and room was. Breakfast consisted of a hot and cold sections, which gave good variety. I do wish I had brought a bathing suit, the pool looked welcoming! I would stay here again. Thank you all! =)
-Rachel

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Rachel,

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at the Americas Best Value Inn & Suites in St Charles. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and thank you for helping us spread the word about us to other travelers. Also thank you for your continual business we truly appreciate it and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Neat and clean rooms, attentive service. Indoor pool was a bonus. Convenient to the St. Charles Family Arena and the St. Charles Convention Center, casinos and I-70. More dining options in Downtown St. Charles. VERY nice place !

Room Tip: Has an elevator, and laundry on the second floor. Shopping center has food options.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business