“A friendly welcome far from home.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
“A friendly welcome far from home.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I recently spent 10 days in this hotel as I brought my son from South Africa to begin college at Lindenwood University in St.Charles. The owner of the hotel and her staff were friendly and courteous and really made me feel at home. They offered me a very competitive rate. The breakfast was more than sufficient and there was adequate variety. The pool was comfortably heated and very clean.I had a spacious room and it was cleaned promptly and efficiently.The beds were also very comfortable and there was no problem with noise from other guests.The hotel is conveniently situated for both the university,shopping on Main Street and the highways. I would most certainly recommend the hotel to both business travellers as well as parents of students at the university and I am sure to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: I was very happy on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Location of the hotel in relationship to shopping, restaurant and highway was easy to get to. Bathroom was spacious. For weekend or overnight visit wasn't a bad hotel.

Wireless internet never able to make connection. Microwave never heated in room. Room just appeared to be spot clean. Shower had problems. Staff was hit and miss as far as service. Hotel was full and continental breakfast didn't appear to have enough food items out to accommodate guest in a timely manner. Check out was at 11:00 A.M. seemed early compared to other hotels which normally have a noon check-out. When asked about stay and relayed problems no apology or concern given.

Room Tip: Room away from highway and Elevators would be good choice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Munster, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great hotel! Fair pricing! We cannot say enough about the staff especially Lisa and Robert! They made us feel right at home! The breakfast display was great and kid friendly. The pool area was clean. We will recommend this hotel to everyone! If you are looking for a hotel that's not overpriced this is where you need to stay. It is right next too Bass Pro Shop and Texas Roadhouse so you don't need to go far for a great dinner.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Howell, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Moved to this hotel from another after my first night in St. Charles. Walked in the door and knew immediately this was the place to stay. Friendly, courteous, and clean was my first impression. The room was spacious and comfortable. Bed was very nice and soft as well. Location is wonderful near shopping, restaurants and the casino. Thoroughly enjoyed my vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
moberly
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My first time ever running in to bed bugs. My wife and I enjoyed New Year's Eve dancing at the Q on Main St. So the hotel location was perfect. We got to the hotel dropped off our bags, called a cab and off we went. We returned to the hotel in the early morning hours extremely exhausted and did not turn on all the lights. When we woke we discovered the beds were infested with bed bugs crawling all over them! This is clearly an established colony after researching these bugs online. The bugs were in various stages of their life, including adult. Absolutely disgusting! I would have slept in my car before sleeping in this nasty hotel had I known it was infested with bed bugs! Of course the clerk acted like they didn't know they had bed bugs but with hundreds of bugs in one room I find that impossible to believe.
Check in date was 12/31/11 and checkout date was 1/1/12.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 09cas
Wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Stayed here for 10 days while visiting the USA from the UK to attend my son's wedding in St. Charles. I chose this hotel because of the price and the facilities it offered. From the moment my wife and I entered the lobby, we realised we had made a good choice. Not only the was the room better than we expected, but the staff were all very friendly, helpful and polite. Well done Mr Patel, you have a great hotel there. Next time we visit St Charles, yours will be our only choice.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Plastic_Scouser
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Was in St. Louis for a few days over the Summer as part of a short road trip through a few states and ended up staying at this hotel, which despite not being our first choice actually turned out to be higher quality for about half the price of the other hotel we visited. The staff were all very friendly and, not knowing the local area, advised us of several nearby restaurants. The one we ended up at (Texas Roadhouse) served the most delicious steak I have ever tasted, and the staff of the hotel even gave us a 15% off voucher for our meal!

As well as the excellent accommodation for our 4-person room, we also required a one-person disabled room for my grandmother. They provided us with two adjoining rooms on the bottom floor, and the disabled room featured handrails in all the places that my grandmother would usually struggle. This was a huge relief after staying in a small motel that didn't include a single disabled room the night before.

All in all, our stay at America's Best Value Inn St. Louis was one of the nicest of the entire trip, and there's not much I could suggest be improved.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Fatalix
pypat83, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your business and your feedback. It is always a pleasure to get compliments regarding our staff and service because we credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices and strive to please each and every guest. We would love to be of service to your in the future please feel free to contact us whenever you need accomodations in St.Charles area. Thank you again. Py, Manager