New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Arlington, Virginia
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here two nights while visiting family in the area. There is nothing special about this hotel except the very helpful and personable staff at the front desk. The email we received prior to arrival giving us detailed directions to the property was a real plus. Room was clean and comfortable and the full kitchenette was handy for storing and preparing a quick snack.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanne R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Allen, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I almost gave this hotel a higher rating because everyone I encounted from the staff was friendly. But, while my sister slept in the guest room and was satisfied with her room. I could not sleep on the fold out sofa bed. It had coils and springs protruding from the tiny sofa matress. At one point I did fall asleep and I awoke with my circulation cut off on my left arm and left leg. I paced the room for hours and eventually made a bed on the floor with the sofa cushions. I most likely will never stay at a TownePlace Suites again and I am suprised Marriott has this property under their brand. In the past week, I have stayed at two other Marriott properties this week sleeping on sofa beds and have great experiences. Something is wrong at this property.

Room Tip: Don't rely on the sofa bed. It's uncomfortable! Better off sleeping on the floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nichole B, Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Than you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. I wish that you had a better nights sleep with us. Although, usually our sofa beds are reviewed highly, I understand that they did not meet your satisfaction which is our goal. We have begun upgrading some of our sofas. If you choose to come back, please contact me and I will do everything that I can to ensure a perfect stay with a new sleeper sofa. Thank you again for your business and the nice things that you said about our staff. We hope to see you again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Saint Charles hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We had stayed at the courtyard Marriott the previous night and the breakfast there was disgusting. Towneplace's breakfast was much better even though it's grab and go style I enjoyed it. The room was nice and clean and close to a grocery store. Be sure to check out historical st charles. Lot's of stores to see.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank satrosper
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Staying here for the extended stay purposes and work booked the room. Rooms are very old and outdated. TV hardly works not to mention the walls are paper thin. We hear everything the person above us and aroune us are doing at all times of the night and would really be an inconvenience to move rooms considering we are all unpacked and have groceries and the hotel does not offer bell hop service. The room creaks through out the night which also calls for a long next day at work when you have been up all night. The front staff is friendly and will try and accomodate to your needs, if they aren't out of it. Don't plan on opening your windows at night when the weather is nice, there are apartments/townhomes next door where they are always partying, doesn't matter if it's a Friday or Tuesday. Hoping to be able to stay somewhere else when we have to return for the next extended stay. Breakfast is the same take and go cereal and hard boiled eggs every morning. Coffee is really cheap.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nichole B, Manager at TownePlace Suites St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
I'm sorry, it sounds like you had a bad stay with us. If you call the hotel for you next reservation, ask for Nichole and reference this survey. I will be happy to find you a quiet room somewhere. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we can earn back your business.
Huntersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Yep - it is hard to find. Behind Golden Corral...
TV is old tube maybe 32 inch? I still slept OK.
As suites go, it is perhaps compact - being a crowd of one, no issues.
Bed is soft, but I think I will survive having slept on frozen ground for weeks :-( + (and on 463-L pallets in the back of C-130's - floor of M-2's in dead middle winter)
Room had small sofa and chair plus work area - nice layout.
Wifi was solid
Wall unit AC/heat was noisy, but not as bad as kid in adjacent room.
B-fast is "continental light" so if sausage and bacon are important, move along.
Staff is quite friendly and helpful!
It is an extended stay place, so if you need turn down service and associated mints (as some reviewers indicate) stay somewhere else. But if you like a full kitchen (big deal for me) and a decent mix of lounge space ( ever spent 5 nights in a room with only a desk chair?) and work area.
Last comment - the property is only slightly dated - the square TV's probably add to this perception.
Been on the road every week this year - would stay here if in the area. My biggest driver is in the room cooking. There is lots of competition locally and this place holds up well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Red-Badger-22
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

The staff at this location was very friendly and cordial. The beds are soft, although I don't usually care for soft beds, they did sleep pretty well. This is the second TownePlace that I have stayed at that do not have a dresser and that confuses me as they are an extended stay motel. The water pressure was strong and their was plenty of hot water. I was disappointed that they did not have flat screen TV's but they did have a good selection of channels. I had a good strong internet signal. It is a little difficult to find but their are some good restaurants and shopping nearby. I would visit this location again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BusymanMissouri
KY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Things I like:
1. Heated outdoor pool, which was not mentioned in the amenities. We were there late Oct so little cold outside, but the pool still open. I wish I know ahead of time and bring my swimming suits.
2. All rooms are smoking free with WIFI
3. Full kitchen on site. Not good as in your home but good enough.
4. Offer joint rooms.
5. Convenient location (but little hard to find if you came from out town)

I dislike:
1. No king size bed
2. Air condition is not quite good, one tiny twitch would cause either too hot or too cold
3. The room is little small
4. The mattress and pillows were way too soft, make my back and neck hurt next day
5, Can not make phone calls with my calling card