“Great stay! Great staff!”

TownePlace Suites St. Louis St. Charles
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed October 8, 2008

I booked this hotel for the first time through Priceline. I put a lowball price of $35.00 in and it was accepted! I was kind of nervous because when it is accepted you don't know what kind of hotel you will be getting. You get to pick how many stars and location but that is it. Well my worries were unfounded! I was so impressed with this hotel. It had a full kitchen in it ( we didn't use because we were there only one night ) and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. It was extremely clean and the staff was excellent! Good location. The only problem I had was the hotel was a bit hard to find. It is tucked back behind other buildings and they didn't have a sign out by the road giving you a heads up of the location. Drove past it and the only way we found it was because I remember it saying it was next to a Golden Corral, which we saw first. But that is the only problem I had. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank beachbabe73

Reviewed September 16, 2008

Just wanted to highly commend the hotel staff for an excellent stay. Friendly, courteous and prompt help at the front desk. Top rate room. Very clean. In particular Tracy who was at the desk when we checked in and also checked out was very courteous and professional. She was very sympathetic to our flooded car troubles and extended a helping hand. Made our stay all the more enjoyable. These folks are obviously being managed in an excellent manner. Please pass along our gratitude.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We booked here for a three night stay because it was 2 bedroom suite and we have two snorers in the family. We also wanted a good location to tour the wine country, microbreweries, historical sites and museums, as well as to be able to zip to St. Louis on Highway 70 and avoid the Highway 64/40 mess. I was pleased with the rooms - they've been renovated and look nice. The beds were extremely comfortable, and triple sheeted to enclose the blanket. The living room and "master" bedroom both have a television. One cooling/heating control is for the living area; the second is for the bedrooms.The bathroom was fine, and we had plenty of towels. The kitchen is equipped with basic utensils, fridge, range, and dishwasher. They even supply dish soap and dishwasher detergent. You will need Melitta-style filters or your own coffee pods for the coffee maker if you don't want to drink the house coffee.There's small dining table in the living room area. The kitchen was a little older looking, but I didn't mind - I wasn't there to cook. The rooms are "refreshed" - beds made and bathroom tidied/towels replaced - daily. There are no vending machines, just a kiosk with a decent selection of snack items and drinks, and not over-priced, either. They offer a "grab and go" breakfast sandwich, fruit, etc. There's a grocery store nearby, and a few restaurant/fast food places.The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The hotel is quiet. Parking, lighting and security system are very good. There is a small well-kept outdoor pool. Easy on and off to Interstate 70.

Due to a "do not disturb sign" mixup that partially my fault, our room was not refreshed one day. When I went to ask for some towels, the woman at the desk inquired if my room had been taken care of. When I told her no, but that I was partially to blame for it, she insisted on giving us that night in the room at half price.

It is best to call ahead for directions, because the city ordinances prohibit them from having a sign directly on the road since they are not located on the road frontage - they are working to get better signing up.

We paid around $130 a night during the week when rates are higher, and it was worth it. We couldn't have gotten anything similar in St. Louis for the price, and the location actually proved better anyway. It was a good place to stay for a short vacation. I would recommend it to our friends, and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank booklady1953
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Overall this hotel was okay. The staff was very friendly and I really like the location. I was there on business and enjoyed being in a suburb. Right next to the hotel is a shopping center with a nail salon, grocery store and Mc Donalds. There are also quite a few restaurants near by to choose from. After getting my nails done, I ordered carry out from the Outback.

I have only a few complaints. The 1st one is that they were painting at the same time I was there which left the hotel with a toxic aroma. The rooms are also in need of some sprucing up. There fairly dark and not real welcoming. My room was a studio and the bed was positioned right next to the refrigerator. So it was a bit weird for me.

I'd stay at this hotel again for a night or two but do not think the rooms are nice enough for an extended stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2008

We booked 3 rooms at this hotel at the last minute for an unexpected funeral. Was skeptical at first because really, how decent can a place be for $80 a night (AAA rate)?? The front desk staff were extremely nice and helpful; my mother in law needed to see a dr. and they recommended an urgent care facility that was nearby, that treated her very well. The rooms were clean, each room came with a fully equipped kitchen (dishes, utensils, etc.), large fridge, stove, and microwave. There are dry cleaners and a grocery store next door, which was perfect for last minute needs. All in all, this was a great stay at an even better price. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2007

Hotel was very clean and updated. Bathroom was very nice. Desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. When we arrived it showed that we had not paid for our room. We booked through Hotels.com and prepaid. The desk clerk let us go ahead to our room and call Hotels.com from there to get it all straightened out. The next morning we woke up and found a receipt under the door. Kitchen was cute; however, we did not use it since we were only staying for the night. Will definitely stay at this TownPlace or any other one in the future.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2007

I stayed at TownePlace Suites in St. Charles early part of December '06. They were under going a renovation an appeared almost done. The hotel was very spacious for our extended visit with family and friends. The staff was also one of the best I have encountered. I highly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2007