“Cool Place”

Ranked #7 of 272 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Small place on Main Street in the middle of the historic district. Nice outside patio. Supper nice folks and great food. Geowoodstock

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I came with a group from work and we all enjoyed our lunch out on the shady patio with trees and flowers all around. The sandwich ingredients were fresh and lemonade was tart and sweet. The baked potato soup was very tasty. Service was prompt and friendly. This a great spot to get a good lunch or an afternoon snack.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had my son and daughter and my daughter's friend with us and we wanted to go to Main Street for dinner. My daughter's friend had never been to Brayden's so we first tried there but they had a long wait, so we walked down to Magpie's. It was more of a, "let's just go see". We left with a "We'll be back"!
They have lovely outdoor seating that I can't wait to partake in when I can go with my boyfriend. However, being with my son who's not very patient, we decided to sit inside. There was only another table of people in another room, but the way the restaurant layout is, we didn't feel like we were in the middle of everything. It was lovely, beautifully decorated and we had a wonderful conversation. Yes, I was with two 13 year olds and a 9 year old and we had a wonderful, laid back conversation in a wonderful setting.
We loved our food. I had the Chicken Salad and it was very good. My daughter got a pick two and had a sandwich, which she loved and a salad with a dressing she still talks about. Her friend got the potato soup and loved it and my son got a cheese flatbread and loved it.
Very pleased.
The staff was so pleasant and very family like atmosphere. I can tell that they have a great service because they had so many return customers on this night they acknowledged them by name.

1  Thank Pamela B
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Quaint, cozy place with a creative and absolutely delicious menu! Outdoor dining is perfect. All ingredients are fresh, made from scratch. The owner wouldn't have it any other way! This is the best place on Main STreet. I have been coming here for years and have never been disappointed.

1  Thank Mary A
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We sat outside by a fire pit and that was really nice. I love Main Street! My pasta was super good. Also ordered a sandwich that was only average. My son had a really small pizza. We ordered an app but never received it. Service was really slow.