“Fine Wine and Dine Time”
Review of The Vine - CLOSED

The Vine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We went with a group of 8. We were seated right away in a neat garden area out back. The food is fine with a french quisine theme. Smaller portions like you would have with french dining. Its a quieter place that allows you to have a conversation and relax.

1  Thank Scott M

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have always had great meals here and they have even accomodated a large group of 16 for me before. Highly recommend.

1  Thank johnray1
Reviewed February 21, 2013

A small, quaint eatery...wonderful food and excellent service. The chicken offering my wife really enjoyed. I had the boullibase and it was actually the best I have eaten. Desserts were outstanding and a great wine list is your interested. Though a small menu...you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We visited St. Charles Main St to see a band the night of our 5th Anniversary. We were looking for a nicer, romantic place to have dinner first. Reviews were mixed but there aren't many "nicer" restaurants on Main- mainly bar food. We took our chances with The Vine. The menu looked good. The place itself is cute and has a romantic feel. It's a little snug however. Tables are very close together. I could have overlooked that but the food and service did not compensate. We got right in at our reservation time. The place was not full by any means. Our server was rarely there and really didn't seem interested in helping out. Even when we were clearly done with our meals we finally had to ask the owner for our check. I can at least say that the owner seemed to care. He came by a few times during the meal to ask how things were. Next, the food..... meh. The menu, while limited, appeared to be unique. The food however definitely was not. We received what may have been homemade hummus but it was served with generic crostini. My husband ordered Ahi risotto which was bland. I ordered a baked chicken breast in a vegetable sauce which sounded very good on the menu. Once again, very bland. We both barely ate half of our meals and did not ask for a to go box. It was a disappointing anniversary dinner.

1  Thank MChio
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The vine is one of
The best restaurants that I visited in the United States.it does not have a lot of reviews but it s a place that you should go and try if you live in St. Louis or st Charles.they have great food and excellent customer service.