“Delicious Mousaka”
Review of Spiro's

Spiro's
Reserve with OpenTable
Spiro's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 265 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Altus, Oklahoma
“Delicious Mousaka”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

It took a little while for anyone to acknowledge us and seat us, but after that service was great. The alcoholic beverage I had was recommended to me by the staff because it was sweet, and it was ok, but didn't taste very sweet to me. The food was delicious, the atmosphere wonderful, and the staff was nice. I recommend coming here and trying the Mousaka!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Julie T

“love their early bird specials”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

10 of us went for dinner and everyone enjoyed their selection. Salmon, Beef medallions, prime rib...everything was very tasty and the early bird prices are great. The Saganaki appetizer is great.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Rosalee E
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Spiro's is a gem!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stopped in for dinner on a cross country trip based on the positive reviews here on TA, and are really glad we did. Great advice, and thanks to all other reviewers!

Warm, fresh bread was served immediately, and was there to complement the Greek Salad prepared table-side, which was ice cold, flavorful, and just plain fun.

My end-cut of prime rib was perfectly prepared - medium well, just like I prefer. This is HARD to do, folks, and Spiro's seemed to do it without breathing hard. My wife's shrimp-stuffed filet was equally well prepared to her preference for meat more rare. The waiter and chef handled her sulfite allergy with aplomb by adjusting the bechamel and tomato sauce to avoid using wine with added sulfites.

The baklava was tall, crispy, and sweet - perfect.

Service was excellent. Atmosphere was acceptable, though the booth we sat in badly needed to be reupholstered - duct tape covering a rip in vinyl is NOT a repair!!

As you can tell, we really liked this restaurant. We will make any upcoming trip through the St Louis area include a stop nearby so that we can further explore the menu. But we will for sure ask for a different booth.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Z25_MN6
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Wonderful Dining Experience at Spiro's!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had a fabulous dining experience at Spiro's in St. Charles, MO last night! Driving across country after Thanksgiving with family, we chose St. Charles as our evening stopover location. With TripAdvisor in hand, we identified Spiro's as a highly rated, independently-owned local favorite, and it did not disappoint. Arriving 15 minutes before closing, we were welcomed with open arms by the owner, Stevie. He made us feel like we were regulars! I had a delicious sea bass encrusted in goat cheese and ate every bite. My wife enjoyed her Dolmades, (lamb and beef stuffed grape leaves with a delicate lemon cream sauce) and even took her leftovers for the long car ride the next day. My daughter had the Spanikopita and cleaned her plate and my son had a savory seafood linguine with clams, mussels and shrimp, which he devoured. Pre-entree Greek salads were tossed table side with the house dressing and were readily consumed. A nice wine selection satisfied both of the adults at the table! We would recommend this restaurant to anyone and it confirms why we prefer independently owned establishments over chains ten times out of ten! On our way out, the owner was giving us St. Louis sight seeing tips for the next day! A terrific overall experience, indeed!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Stephen S
“Fantastic evening, fantastic meal!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great Saturday evening meal with another couple, Scott and Barb.

The place was full and reservations were right on schedule. When it is full the noise level is high which makes it hard to talk without getting louder, but I would rate the experience as great.

I had the tuna special which was fantastic and my wife Janet had the salmon which she enjoyed. Scott had the pepper steak which he thoroughly enjoyed and Barb had the swordfish steak. All meals were very flavorful. So too much food, so we could not try the desserts. Our plates were licked clean which is a good sign!

I would recommend again to any of my friends, but make a reservation.

• Visited November 2013