“Lovely Brunch”
Review of Spiro's

Spiro's
Reserve with OpenTable
Spiro's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 277 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2008

We live in another state and wanted to take family for Easter Brunch. Luckily Spiros was suggested. We had reservations and were promptly seated. Even though it was a buffet, service personnel came by regularly to refill water, coffee, etc and remove plates, etc. We had a corner table and were away from some of the large families who were there. I can see how large groups must come here and could contrbute to noise.

The food was fresh, made from scratch, and varied. The quality was good, and everything I tasted was very good. I enjoyed a Greek salad made table side, and the bakalava was outstanding. The brunch included everything one could want for breakfast plus carved prime rib, peel and eat shrimp, salmon, Greek chicken, fish and several other entrees. The entire experience was positive. We'll definitely return when we are in the area.

Reviewed October 30, 2007

We had reservations for 7:00 pm and were seated promptly.

The staff was courteous and we ordered drinks as we sat down.

After that, things started to slow up a tad bit.

It was noticed that after we were seated, 3 other groups came in and were seated as well; we noticed that the service to them was considerably faster than ours. It was found out that they were regulars of the establishment. The reason being was that staff members were talking to these folks on several occassions (and it wasn't to ask how the food was).

Between the appetizers to the main course, the time frame was over two hours, which is considered unacceptable to me.

I had guests with me from out of state and they were not happy as well.

The food, however, was great. My recommendation is to make sure the regulars aren't in so the service is better.

Would we go back? We're thinking about it...however my company is planning an event for the holidays and they'll probably get taken off of the list of possibilities.

Reviewed September 4, 2007

Spiro's has become our favorite restaurant. After the first time we ate there we said we would probably go there only for special occasions because of their price point. But, we keep going back again and again because they treat us like honored family members, have outstanding customer service and amazing food. It is therapeutic being there especially if you've had a bad day or week. I have a soy allergy and they were glad to make my whole meal to order. The maitre'd himself even mixed up some very tasty salad dressing on the spot so I didn't need to use the bottled dressing I brought along. The decor and place settings are formal and the menu is extensive, but it is not stuffy. They warm your meal at the tableside right before serving so the food is piping hot--and it's another touch of elegance. Everything we have eaten there is great. Once when we had reservations and had to wait a little bit, they offered a complimentary cocktail. There are a couple of TV screens sans sound showing the local ball games. If you want an intimate, quiet table, ask for that as large groups come in and have a good 'ole time sometimes at the larger tables. We'd eat there even more often if we could!

Reviewed December 25, 2006

Spiro's is one of my favorite greek restaurants in St. Louis. It offers a variety of entrees, including prime rib, grecian chicken and fish dishes.

The restaurant is cozy and romantic, with white tablecloths on each table. The waitstaff is attentive without being annoying, and are very friendly and accommodating. This is one of the only places you can go in St. Charles County that has the atmosphere of an upscale restaurant. They have wonderful during the week early bird specials for around $16, which includes a drink, entree, salad and dessert.

Salads are prepared tableside. I highly recommend the greek salad. Entrees are heated up on a rolling cart tableside. If you're entertaining out of town guests, order the saganaki and it will be prepared tableside with a little twist.

The baklava is excellent and I often order a slice to go because I don't have any room after eating my entree.

Go to Spiro's if you're looking for a nice, quiet place to go with friends.