“I didn't want to leave!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, St. Charles, MO
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while in town for a convention. Great location in historic old town St. Charles. My suite was incredibly clean, spacious and comfortable. Like being at home in my own living room. I was so happy with the place I actually skipped out of my convention so I could hang out in the hotel. The staff were all very professional and friendly, and remembered my name every time they saw me. I will be back and this hotel chain is my new favorite.

• Stayed: November 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in early November (first weekend). Although this hotel looks to be older keeping with its nearness to Historic Main Street, it is less than eight years old.

The room we picked was on the main floor and the constant coffee, tea, & "homemade" oatmeal/raisin cookies were a nice touch. The room itself was very comfy and spacious, nicely decorated, very clean.

But here's where my complaint comes in: On Saturday night, in the middle of the night, the fire alarms went off. We all had to scramble out to the cold night, hover in whatever clothes we brought out, and wait until the Fire Department came and checked the place. Ordinarily, I'd say good job by the hotel by having an alarm in place.

However, the fire officers reported that it was a false alarm and we listened in as the staff discussed the fines that they would have to pay the city because of this false alarm. The staff, however, did NOT do anything to assay the irritation of its customers by offering any concern, sympathy, consolation for this mid-night disruption to our sleep or comfort. In fact, they tried to tell some customers that it was a prank, although awhile later the alarm went off again very quickly and then customers were told that the alarm went off due to hot oil smoking in the elevator mechanics. Either way, all the staff could do was complain about the cost of the Fire Department and NOthing was done to apologize to customers. Very disappointing!

If this was my business, I would certainly offer all customers that night, who stood shivering out in the middle of the night in pajamas and robes without information or kindness from the staff, at least a discount coupon for their return visit or for that night.

As it is, I can never come back to this lovely hotel. Why would I when the hotel doesn't care to be concerned about my 1. safety, 2. comfort, 3. need for explanation and/or fidelity?

Too many other very nice B & Bs or hotels to check into on my many trips to St. Charles.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
tgreeno, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, St. Charles, MO, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

On behalf of the hotel I wanted to write to thank you for your comments and apologize for what was clearly an unsatisfactory stay. I would love to speak to you personally about the situation and I am available at your convenience to discuss this further. Please call me at the hotel 636-724-5555.

Trent Greeno

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were looking for a place to stay that was within walking distance of the shops in St. Charles. This hotel is a clean, quiet place to stay that is very close to everything! Friendly & helpful staff were always there to answer questions or make recommendations on restaurants, etc. Our room was a king studio suite with a sitting area that was very roomy and clean. They offer a complementary breakfast that had a nice variety. Parking was free and convenient. We were very pleased with our stay and will stay here again the next time we are in St. Charles!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Country Inn and Suites based upon the reviews on TripAdvisor. It was an excellent facility -- nice rooms, comfortable beds, very clean -- and the location was superb. It was a block to the historic Main Street in St. Charles with restaurants and shops -- and another block to the river. There is construction on the street in front of the hotel, but we found our way quite easily. It's only a couple of minutes off the Interstate.

But, the reason I'm writing the review is because of what happened after we left. About 2 hours after we checked out, I got a call from "Wayne" on my cell phone (and I'm happy I gave them my cell phone number) to tell me that they found a thin gold necklace in the room. I wear a gold chain with a Hebrew "Chai" that was a gift from my parents when I was 13. I am now 63. I never take it off. I didn't even notice it was gone -- it probably came off when I changed clothes and I just didn't realize it. Wayne arranged to send it to me at the hotel in Florida where we are staying and it arrived in perfect condition today. I cannot thank them enough. So, I am thanking Wayne and the person who found it and turned it in on TripAdvisor. Thank you. Great hotel -- and we plan to stop there again on our way back home.

Room Tip: My husband said that a trash truck came by at 5 am and woke him up -- and kept him up for 1/2 hour...
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The street in front is torn up and there are no good directions on how to get in to the facility. We finally tried to get as close as possible and were stopped by a construction worker who told us how to get in the back way by going through a parking lot and a park. Excellent location and surrounding restaurants. We plan to stay again in Feb.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Located in easy walking distance to main street. Staff was very friendly. No charge for parking. Hot breakfast similar to most hotels in this price range. Staff knows the town well. We rode a horse carriage back to the hotel from the restaurant.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for non smoking....if that is what you want
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here on a cross-country trip and chose St Charles because it was so close to the highway but offered more to do and more choices of places to eat than a typical highway stopover. This was my first time at a Country Inn and Suites and I was pleasanty surprised. The price was great and the executive-type room was as nicely furnished and decorated as a Marriott and offered a desk and internet, a little fridge etc. Best of all, the AC unit was quiet!! It was 106^F outside and the room was cool and the cooling unit so quiet it did not disturb our sleep. I usually have to turn it off in a Marriott and suffer in the heat because the noisy fan is so annoying. This is a new hotel and perhaps that's why the rooms are so nice. I stayed at another one later in my trip, in Kansas, and it was not as nice and the AC was not so quiet. Win some, loose some. The location is also just fine; we could walk to the shops and restaurants and along the river. Intended to use the pool for exercise after driving all day, but it was tiny and not inviting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the hotel's back side to avoid street consturction noise (which might be done...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends