“Nice location but has some issues”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice location but has some issues”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This Country Inn is like most others, but in a prime location at the end of St.Charles's quaint neighborhood shopping district. However, the suite rooms are extremely small, and there is not enough parking. If you stay on a sold out weekend, be prepared to look for a spot on the street or in the city park. Also, their pool is far from inviting. The color of the water is green due to the paint color (according to the front desk clerk.) Breakfast is fantasitc, though.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Reviewed June 26, 2012

What a pleasure it was to stay in this hotel! My friend and I had spent a week riding the Katy Trail when we arrived four hours before check in and hours before our luggage (which was being transported by the bike tour company). We were greeted with warm cookies and immediately given keys to our room. They stored our bikes for us until the tour company arrived a few hours later to pick them up. After we got our luggage, we were able to wash our clothes, as there was a spotlessly clean laundry room on our floor and the front desk had laundry detergent for purchase. The rooms were comfortable and quiet. Breakfast the next morning was very good, and I was impressed that they provided china and silverware instead of paper plates and plastic utensils. The staff was courteous and helpful, and the lobby area was very attractive. I would definitely choose this place again if I return to St. Charles!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will see you again the next time your travels bring you through St Charles.
We appreciate your kind words about our hotel, and thank you for spreading the word about our services to other travelers. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance.

We hope to you again soon!

GM
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed this hotel ( January 2011 ) while we were in town to watch the St. Louis Blues NHL game. I am familiar with St. Charles and the main street area. I have an aunt and uncle that lived there. This hotel was awesome. Clean. Friendly. Great customer service.

I had bought my tickets online and needed to print them out but close to game time while at the hotel another guest was using the sole guest hotel computer. I immediately ask the front desk if there was anything they can do help me out.

The front desk gentleman said sure email your tickets to my email address and I will print them out for you right now. Two minutes later I had my tickets and off to the the game we went.

This is why I love Country Inn & Suites they will do anything to ensure you are happy !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
I am glad to read you enjoyed your visit to St Charles and the Country Inn and Suites and that we were able to get your tickets printed for you.
I thank you for spreading the word of our service to other travelers. Please contact me if I can ever be of any assistance.

GM
IL
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Our family stayed here recently and enjoyed this hotel. The lobby is lovely and although a newer building it has been built with old time charm to it. Reception was friendly, room clean, breakfast had a good selection of food. Quiet location that is just a few blocks from the start of historic district shops and restaurants that run a dozen blocks or so beyond that. The rooms were well sound insulated. Pool was pretty warm in the late afternoon and then again in the morning, compared to the evening when it was a bit cooler, while we were there. We have noticed this at some other hotels also, and wonder if then tend to add more water in the late afternoon that cool it down? the pool was smaller than it looks in the photo though. Hot tub was a good temp. We had a room with two queen beds and it was a nice size to walk around. We have stayed at about 5 different Country Inn & suites hotels now and like this chain. I would rank this as one of the top two that we have tried. I would recommend this hotel and come back again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank anneenna2
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear pleased with your stay,

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. On behalf of the staff, thank you for your stay and helping spread the word about our hotel and location. Please contact me if i can be of assistance in the future.

Country Inn and Suties
Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located in a quiet part of Main St. yet walking distance to the restaurants, shops, and nightlife of the charming historic downtown. The structure and decor are in the style of old St. Charles. The rooms are spacious with high ceilings. The corridors are wide. Coffee and fresh cookies are always available. The breakfast is more than continental. The hotel is pet friendly and near the Katy Trail. Good for dog walking. No doggie station so bring your plastic bags. St. Charles is a wonderful destination and the Suites are a great place for a getaway weekend. So many historic sites in the area. Plus, Donut King, the best private doughnut shop ever is on First Capitol. Addicting.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear St Charles native,

We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel so much. On behalf of the entire staff, we appreciate your kind words about our hotel, and we also thank you for helping spread the word to other travelers.
We hope to see you again soon!

With highest regards,

Country Inn and Suites St Charles Mo
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed on 6/16. Easy access to the Katy Trail. Within walking distance of the resterants in St. Charles. Did arrive early at 2pm, so I had had to wait for the room to be ready. Room was was good standing, although the shower bar was loose and hanging low.

It is a nice hotel, 3 stars for me, I would compare the accomedations to any Hampton or HI Express. On a lower note, the room does not have in room heating and cooling unit. The thermostat is a rough guess, and the room never did cool to my expectations.

(I realize this is not the hotel's fault, but most likely the fault of some unrulely guests) but at 2am that night the fire alarms go off and the hotel had to evacuated. Did not get back to sleep. Got out of bed at 5 to get going for the day, went down for breakfast at 6am, no breakfast till 7 on the weekends... so I checked out and got an early start to the day.

Although the price is a value for St. Charles, I'm likely to stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Elevator chime is noisy, recommend away from the elevator
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
tgreeno, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Katy Trail Rider,

Our apologies that you were not satisfied with your stay. Thank you for taking time to bring these issues to our attention. We wish that we had been notified the thermostat difficulties so that we could have addressed them right away or even moved your room. As for the fire alarm, our sincerest apologies, we have to evacuate when the alarm sounds for safety reasons.

We hope that upon your return to St Charles you choose to give us another opportunity to make up for any shortcomings, as we can assure you that we make every effort to ensure all rooms are in perfect condition.

Again we would like to express our apologies and our hope that you will return.

With highest regards,

Country Inn and Suites St Charles, Mo
Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed May 30, 2012

When our initial hotel messed up our reservation, we were sent to Country Inn and Suites. We arrived and received our room keys, no problem. We found our room didn't have a refrigerator and asked if there was any way we could get one or if there was somewhere we could store some of our picnic items. Not only did we get a refrigerator, we got an upgrade in rooms at no charge!!! Lance and Lisa are fabulous!! Very attentive and always there to lend a hand! The cookies are pretty good too!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
tgreeno, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
We are happy you enjoyed our hotel so much. On behalf of the Country Inn team, we appreciate your kind review and thank you for spreading the word about our hotel to other travelers. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to St Charles.

With high regards,