“Nice Hotel, Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Camden, Ohio
“Nice Hotel, Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Branson! This is a nice hotel with a good location.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
tgreeno, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
We take comments as yours seriously in an effort to improve our overall quality and guest experience!

Warm regards,
Trent Greeno
636-724-5555
cx_stmo@countryinns.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

I travel all over the country. Whenever I am in this area I stay here. I like the location because it is not along the interstate and it is walking distance from the historic downtown.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Crown Point, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here Valentines day weekend for a wedding. We had just a standard double queen bed, room. The bathroom was needing some upgrading, not dirty by any means, but looked very "worn". Shower head was very cheap, the bathtub faucet swiveled, needing tightening, the room carpet looked stained and needed replacing, beds were extremely soft. (some people like this, we however, for $100 a night have slept on better), Over all, the hoel is located in Historic St. Charles. Lobby was beautiful, free breakfast was good, quiet during the night, staff was very helpful with suggesting attractions and entertainment. Pool was dirty, jacuzzi was cloudy, could have used fresh water. This would be a great choice to stay if you want to be close to the casino and all the attractions on Main.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
tgreeno, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
We take comments as yours seriously in an effort to improve our overall quality and guest experience? Thank you for staying with us.

Warm regards,

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank nkytravel
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

The front desk gal and breakfast gal were both fantastic. Very friendly and helpful.

The hotel itself is your standard "Country Inn," except this one is getting a wee bit run down. Not terrible, but it needs some touching up (walls are looking a little dinged up. Carpet is a bit dusty).

The one uncool thing was in my room with double beds, one bed definitely looked like housekeeping just made it up without changing the sheets. Can you say strange hair in the bed!!! The other bed looked clean and unslept in, so I used that one and did not complain to management.

The pool is a pretty nice size for a hotel pool, and I thought it was neat how it is indoors and you could see it from the upstairs fitness area.

Overall, I'd say the hotel could be REALLY nice if they would freshen up things here and there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I spent 3 nights at the hotel with my wife and 2 boys. The location is very nice. It's located off the main roads, yet it is close to everything. The state trail is right in the back of the hotel, so if you are into walking or running, this is a great place to stay.
Good Stuff:
1> Location
2> Nice hotel, clean and quite
3> Pool is great for young kids. Not very deep so not too many worries.
4> The free breakfest was good. It got busy, but they had an overflow room they can open.
5> Rooms are good sized

Bad Stuff:
1> I used my Country Inn Reward points to get a discounted rate at the hotel. One of my days they forgot to clean my room (which is not a big deal). When I when to the front desk they offered to find someone to clean it, or they offered a small credit to my bill and to bring new towels and soap to my room. Since my family was out all day and was tired, I choice to have the credit and fresh towels. At 9pm, no towels had arrived at my room, so I went to the front desk and retrieved some towels. The next morning I got my bill. No credit to my bill was made. So I went to the the front desk. They gave me an excuse about the towels not being deliveried. They then said they were aware of my credit, but could not do anything because I was staying their on a discount with my reward points. They said they left a note for the manager to handle it on Monday. Just like the towels, the credit never happened either. Nor did any sort of communication telling why.

Bottom line: this is a nice hotel with a very good location. If you plan on using your Country Inn Reward points to stay there, do not expect any resolutions to any issues you may have at the hotel (since you are already getting a discount).

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Plainfield, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I can't say enough good things about this property. Rachel and Wayne who work at the front desk are amazing and made me feel really welcome when we arrived yesterday. They were very helpful in pointing out activities that would appeal to our son, as well as providing us with a complete list of all the shops and restaurants in St. Charles. The hotel is very clean and our room is spacious. I do wish that the windows would open as I love to sleep with the night air in the room, but other than that this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
4.0 of 5 stars 148 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Charles
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Louis St. Charles

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles? Share your experiences!