“Used to be good - but I won't be returning.”
Review of Lewis & Clark's

Lewis & Clark's
Ranked #16 of 265 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Used to be good - but I won't be returning.”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This was a go to place when I lived in he area 10 yrs ago. Times have changed!

5 of us in our dining party. Disappointment starting with the drinks. One of them came out with a long brown hair hanging out of the glass. Then we ordered app combo platter. Food wasn't great but acceptable. However one of the plates on the table had sticky "stuff" all over it so we had to wait again for a clean item. 4 of the 5 of us ordered rib eyes. No one had a decent cut of meet. They are clearly pricing their food on the high end and to deliver fatty tough steaks to all of us was bad. We all got bread pudding for dessert which was actually quite good. It would have been better however if another staff member wasn't pushing a small vacuum around us at 8:30 so he could end his shift and go home.

Never again. Too bad because it used to be special.

• Visited March 2014

Saint Charles
“And old standby that I return to again and again.”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I do like this restaurant. I usually go there for lunch with friends but sometimes for dinner also. They have a nice assortment of menu items. I usually get one of their salads which are always fresh. They have great soups too, white bean chili is very good. One time a friend and I ordered just a plate of fries for an appetizer and they came to the table so hot and fresh I could have just had them for lunch. (I normally don't have fries so this was a great treat that they were so good). Like any restaurant that I have gone to for years, sometimes the service is excellent sometimes it is so so. Overall a nice place to have lunch or dinner in an old building that is said to be haunted. When I was on the St. Charles Ghost Tour the tour guide mentioned that guests have seen a couple dressed in old time garb standing on the landing and then disappear into the wall. Interesting history of the place too.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Hermannvisitor
st louis
“Main street St Charles”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great for large parties! Awesome Mahi Mahi and white chicken chili! Right in the heart of St Charles. Great for lunch or dinner

• Visited January 2014
Saint Charles, Missouri
“favorite restaurant in historic st charles”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Historic St. Charles is a wonderful place to walk around for the afternoon with lots of shops, bars, and restaurants. Lewis & Clark is my favorite restaurant in this area. the menu if varied and in nice weather it is relaxing to sit in the outside second story dining area and overlook the street traffic. My favorite menu item is the fried eggplant sandwich in which slices of fried eggplant serve as the bread. I have been here many times with a variety of people and everyone has always enjoyed whatever they ordered.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank cindy r
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Go West!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My sister-cousins recommended this restaurant for dinner when I was in St. Louis / area. Old St. Charles is a very nice area of restaurants and shops with a late 18th / early 19th century feel to go with its history of having been Lewis and Clark's starting point on their exploration of the west. The restaurant has a nice view of the town and the menu is good, though a little pricey. I had the pesto chicken that comes with fettuccine alfredo on the side. The chicken was delicious! The fettuccine alfredo was below par; it needed far more garlic for instance. Atmosphere was just OK.

• Visited March 2014