“Great service and variety of food”
Review of Lewis & Clark's

Lewis & Clark's
Ranked #19 of 276 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had a nice dinner here. Service was very good and the food was good as well. The ambiance was nice and the historical building had lots of character. Request a table that overlooks Main Street.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I discovered this restaurant about 10 years ago and just fell in love with it! Being fans of blackened food we were so happy to have a place that seemed really authentic. Over the course of the last few years we have watched it decline greatly. Our visit last night was the final straw......we went (just the two of us) to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. Well our waiter sat us right by a family with 2 crazy little kids even though there was plenty of other tables available. These kids were throwing food and being very loud and disruptive (not too surprised, they are kids after all) but the shocking thing is that even after they left the staff did a terrible job cleaning up the mess they left and there was still numerous hunks of food on the floor all around the area.....yuck! Our waiter was M.I.A. half the time, our food (2 simple entrees) took 50 minutes to get to us and the restaurant was not even partially full and the bar was empty!! Also.....IMPORTANT NOTE TO THE CHEF........blackened food DOES NOT MEAN BURNT......there is a difference, so please go back to culinary school! After choking down my extremely dry, burnt chicken and my ever so small baked potato, we actually had to ask someone to find our waiter so we could get our bill and leave. One last note......Lewis & Clarks used to have a delicious snack mix that they would leave out at the bar. It was so tasty that they sell it in silver bags to the public. Well not only was there no mix out anywhere, when we asked if we could purchase some to take home the staff looked at us like we had 3 heads and as if this "snack mix" was completely foreign to them! And oh yes......they knew it was our anniversary and nothing was ever said, nor was there any offering of a special treat (scoop of ice cream, whatever) to celebrate. Honestly, not that it was necessarily "expected" but it may have redeemed this awful experience.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We visited here over Labor Day weekend. Food was very good and reasonably priced; however, service was a bit slow due to a large party on the upper level. Strongly recommend the eggplant stacker sandwich! There are lots of dining choices in St. Charles, and we felt we chose a good one!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've been here at least 10 times in the past 10 years while living in St. Charles and I don't think I've ever gotten anything but an average meal. There is nothing terribly wrong with their food, but nothing special either. The only plus is they serve Trail Heads Brews.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Just had lunch at Lewis and Clark's, based on the tripadvisor reviews. I have to agree with the four-star rating. The building is in historic St. Charles, across the street from the visitor's center. Off-street parking is a block away close to the river.

The exterior is nice, and the interior is recently remodeled; some interesting "art" work....all in all, decent ambiance. But then you generally do not come to a restaurant for the ambience.

The menu is "American". Soups, salads, sandwiches, burger's and assorted entrees (salmon, steak, chicken). I ate the blackened chicken with rice; I also ate the white chili. Both were excellent. Highly recommend both dishes.

Service was very good.