“Neat spot in the middle of the old St. Charles historical district”

Tony's on Main Street
Ranked #2 of 269 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had supper there when my wife and I met a friend for dinner last month. The steaks were very good, the setting was perfect for the locality and the service was excellent. Good spot for dinner when you are visiting Old St. Charles, Mo.

There are newer reviews for Tony's on Main Street

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I travel every week for a living. I always try to find family owned place to dine. I found this place 10 years ago and it has always been one of my best places to stop when I am in the area. Ann is the manager and always remembers me. It had been a year since I was in the area and she came over as soon as she saw me. The place has nice decor. I have brought my customers there whenever possible. They too love it. The food is always consistently great.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

After hiking up and down Main Street this was a welcome place to sit down and get something cold to drink. Friends had recommended the Chicken Modega and Au Gratin potatoes for dinner and they were spot on. Great food and service! The flavors were comparable to places on The Hill without going all the way into the city. The service was excellent and the prices were very reasonable. We're definitely coming back here!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

On a recent trip to St Charles I ask several locals where to eat and they all said Tony's. They were right. It was a great dinner at a great price. I enjoyed a house salad and the Chicken Anthony. I could have licked the plate, the lemon cream sauce was delicious! The entree was a generous serving at $15.99. Ate out for 5 nights and overall, Tony's was my favorite.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Another business trip to the St. Louis area, and another trip to Tony's with 3 of my associates, two of whom are local and well acquainted with this restaurant. Service at the bar before dinner was very good, as were the drinks. The large booths are awesome, and make for a very comfortable setting in the front dinning room.
In our group, we had a Chicken Anthony, Pork Tenderloin, a Strip Steak, & a Ribeye. Everything was very good and the steaks were cooked perfectly, which I really appreciate. The steak butter is a nice addition as well. Salads were good, but they were out of dry bleu cheese, which was a bit of a let down. The only other thing I think they could improve on is their rolls, which tasted like the take and bake ones from the grocery store.
Overall, this is a really great restaurant, with a large, varied menu suitable for most any taste. It's not cheap, but for the quality of food you are getting, it is reasonable for a large metro area.