Traveled here for an EdTech Conference. Expensive cab from the Airport - mandatory (or so I was told) $6 fee on top of meter...whatever, I was thrilled to get to my Suite & I was not disappointed. Front desk people were lovely & kind to let me check in an hour or so early - my 3rd floor room was clean & spacious...but I had missed lunch & the restaurant was closed - no problem! - the cute little lobby shop had everything! From my much needed Diet Coke to a chicken wrap - SAVED! Knowing I had a fridge in my room it was great to only eat half & save half for later - love the mini kitchen! Fast wireless in my room also made me very happy!
The next day after my presentation (and a quick delish brekkie in the lobby) I treated myself to a few spa treatments in the Botanical Spa on the ground floor of the property. Lovely atmosphere, plush soft robes, nice changing areas...lush quiet rooms and soothing music! I first had a whirlpool spa bath then one of the best massages ever followed up by an OK facial. Now.. not to diss the cute young redhead who shyly confessed she was brand new to this - I really think I just don't like spa facials. I mean, how many times can you clean a face & wipe on then wipe off stuff? I had an impt. phone call I had to make back in my room and as it was running later than I expected & asked her if she could just finish early. All in all though - brilliant early evening Spa break after a long day of presenting & talking.
Savvy Social Media
Hi my name is Gwyneth and I'm a Tweeter..as my career has me in all kinds of blogs, wikis, nings, & things I'm super aware of those businesses that are showing some tech & social media savvy! As soon as I got to the hotel I Tweeted out using our conference hashtag #METC_CSD and said I was here, loved my room, & couldn't wait to meet everyone -- and I got a Tweet back...from the HOTEL!!! That was a first! (I'll include a screenshot!) What a smart thing to do - to know what events were going on...to know who your guests are & to be cool enough to welcome them to your property! Well played, ESH_StCharles, Well played!
The pretty & compact convention center is just steps through the hotel lobby - made running back to my room to get a cashmere wrap between presos quite easy!
Of course I loved the manager's reception - being an early to bed kinda gal - happy hour is just fine with me & it was generous & lovely! Tip well, my friends! From a former cocktail waitress during my grad school days...we remember & appreciate guests who tip well!
All in All GREAT location, AWEsome staff, Fantastic room, & thoughtful tech touches made this a wonderful stay at an amazing conference! I was honored to be invited to speak & hope to be asked back again. Thank you Embassy Suites St. Charles - Great Job!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites St. Charles Hotel is located in St. Charles, Missouri, just 20 miles from downtown St. Louis. Lambert International Airport is just ten minutes away. The hotel is connected to the expansive St. Charles Convention Center, offering large and flexible event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites St Charles
- Embassy Suites Saint Charles
- Saint Charles Embassy Suites