“Great Stay, close to the Casino!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Chicago
“Great Stay, close to the Casino!”
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in St. Charles on the last nightof a 2 week western trip. This was our 7th hotel on our trip and it was one of the best. Check in was easy and quick and the room on the 4th Floor was spacious 2 room suite. Being a Saturday night, we were able to get the room at a weekend rate of $ 116. The hotel was right off the highway and 5 minutes from the casino. There were a lot of families at the hotel this weekend and the hotel staff did a good job of keeping the kids from running around the hotel.
We went down to Breakfast right at 7am. It was not very crowded at that time but when we left the hotel at 8:30, I counted over 50 people in the food line.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
delaware
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Absolutely cannot say enough good things about this hotel! My husband and I stayed there over the weekend of May 14-18th for my niece's high school graduation. Busy weekend with several local high school and college ceremonies taking place nearby. This hotel was absolutely prepared for the onslaught of visitors......we were impressed from check-in to check-out. Wonderful staff...very warm and inviting. Always available to take care of every need. Our room was exceptionally clean and serviced fully everyday. The hotel is close to several good restaurants for dinner....very close to the historic district of Old St. Charles (highly recommend Trailhead Restaurant, wonderful micro-brews). You cannot go wrong with this hotel......already looking foward to our next trip!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 6, 2010

My hubby and I stayed here for an overnite getaway and had a pretty good experience. Maybe I would have rated this a 5 had there not been a children's beauty pageant in the attached convention center and there wouldn't have been 100s of little girls running around everywhere. The rooms are very very nice and spacious, however if there are people down at the bar or being loud in the lobby, it's also very loud up in the room and you have to go into the bedroom to get away from it. During the weekend if you don't want to wait in line for the breakfast, be prepared to be down there at 8ish because anytime after that, expect a 45 min wait in line. Other than those few issues, it really is a very nice hotel complete with restaurant, spa, lots to do around, and a lounge. The staff is just ok. I had a couple of questions and couldn't even find anyone to ask because no one was around, however check in was easy. If there is something at the convention center, this is a great spot to stay in because it's attached.
I would recommend this hotel to others, but if I come back to stay in St. Charles, I will probably check out another place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I made a reservation 6 weeks in advance for this hotel. I was traveling from out of town & meeting other family members to attend a nearby wedding. When I arrived at the hotel around 8 PM, I was told that the hotel was overbooked ("like the airlines do") and I would not be able to check in that evening. My family members, that arrived approximately 3 hours earlier, asked someone at the desk (when they checked in) to verbally confirm our reservation and they were told we had one.
We were "bumped" to a Hampton Inn about 2 miles away and offered to have that night free. I was not terribly satisfied with that, since it was a Friday afternoon wedding and we would need to be able to get into our room and change before the normal check-in time, which was why I planned on arriving the day before the wedding. I complained a little and got two free drinks from the hotel bar. I complained a little more and got 2 free entrees from the hotel restaurant (so we got a filet mignon & NY strip dinner & 2 glasses of wine for free). We left our telephone # with the front desk & they called the following morning around 10 AM saying that our room was ready.
As for the hotel, it was very clean. The rooms were very clean and spacious. There was a wet bar with fridge & microwave. There is an in-room safe and a living room area with hide-a-bed and table.
The cooked to order breakfast (waffles, omlettes, pancakes) is delicious if you don't mind waiting. There were times that the line was outrageously long (45 min), and other times where it was only approximately 5-10 min wait. The buffet had potatoes, scrambled eggs, and biscuits and gravy, and you don't have to wait for this part. Chef William is very friendly.
The front desk (if there was anyone there) was not the most efficient. There were people that were eager to help you and there were people that would ignore you until you forced your way up there and made them help you.
I would stay at this hotel again if necessary, but I will definitely (and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND anyone else do so as well) make someone at that property GUARANTEE that if I have a reservation...I will get a room there. What's the point of taking a reservation, if it's not going to be honored?

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed April 22, 2010

I have to say that my family loves this hotel. While Embassy Suites Hotels are always an excellent choice for families, this one is something special. Our mornings were greeted with Tiffany, the Breakfast Supervisor, and Chef William. This was our third visit to the hotel in 2.5 yrs and we are delighted to see William each time. Tiffany is a wonderful hostess and made several activity suggestions. She suggested we visit the City Museum and what an excellent suggestion is was. While there was a small glitch with our reserved room, the hotal management made up for it and this is a place we will continue to visit in the future.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Missouri
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Stay far, far away from this hotel if you have high standards of cleanliness, service or food. There are no attendants to help you with your bags, bring out a luggage cart......you're on your own. There were five people standing behind the desk. No one was motivated enough to help us. I have two toddlers and my husband was loaded down with our luggage.

The swimming pool is a bulit-in babysitter. There must have been 30 kids in there at 8:30 PM. Romper room at its finest. It's open til midnight. How convenient. I only saw one parent. It was dirty, too.

Good luck trying to score their "award-winning" cooked to order breakfast. The omelet/waffle line was 50 people deep at 7 AM. It never improved so we ate soggy biscuits and gravy off of the buffet. They make you get your sausage, bacon, potatoes in the omelet line so if you want any of those items...you're pretty much screwed!

Won't go back ever! Never saw housekeeping in the three nights we stayed there!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Manning10
Indiana
Reviewed March 29, 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel this past Saturday and Sunday . The hotel is very beautiful and comfortable. The staff was very nice and we were impressed with the kindness we were shown. The people at the check-in desk, the cooks at breakfast, and even the young man at the elevator were all courteous and polite. Not just polite, but all seemed to genuinely enjoy our presence and seemed glad we were there. The food at breakfast was super and we really appreciated the snacks in the evening that included soft drinks for the kids. The next time we visit St. Louis we will definitely be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family