“Gorgeous Hotel, Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Olathe, United States
“Gorgeous Hotel, Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

My first stay was November 2013 for my son’s wedding. My family from Texas and my daughter-in-law’s family stayed at Embassy as well. The grounds were emulate … very well-kept. When you enter the hotel the entry way is gorgeous … JUST BEAUTIFUL. The staff is wonderful; helpful when answering questions. The rooms were clean and all amenities for a home away from home stay were provided. My second stay was August 2014, and I enjoyed my stay as well same beautiful scenery inside and out. I would stay there again; however, I do wish the cost per night were a little lower. GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Stayed overnight for dance convention. Room was nice. Had a corner room so it was a little more private. Excellent breakfast- made-to-order pancakes and omelets. There's store on site that sells hand-dipped ice cream. The hotel connects to the convention center if you're for an event.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Very clean rooms, great breakfast, and the manager's special at night with free drinks was very a time to relax. The staff was very friendly especially Tausha and Rico, the managers. The shuttle takes you to old St. Charlles where there are numerous great eating spots, and pleasants places to walk and see the sights. It is less than 15 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Nashville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Out of date creamers then the rest were curdled. Dirty linens for the foldout, then damp replacements and finally replacement sheets that were two sizes too big. No communication between staff. I hope this is not the standard for the chain.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Tim L, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please accept our most sincere apologies that your stay did not exceed your expectations. We will immediately address the team members involved in allowing your suite to be below our standard level of cleanliness.

I truly regret that you were inconvenienced and did not receive our standard level of service. Thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you again and provide you with the type of experience you truly deserve as our valued guest.
Clarkston, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My family reserved 3 rooms 2 of which smelled of a heavy smoke smell even though we were on a non smoking floor. Housekeeping was terrible. And no free internet??? Hotels at half the rates as this one have free internet.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Tim L, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
I am so sorry to hear about your poor experience at our hotel. Please be assured that I will be discussing your comments with the Executive Housekeeper. There is a procedure we follow if someone smokes in a no smoking suite. This process is done to ensure a fresh, clean suite for our next guests.

We take pride in providing the best in lodging and services so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. Training is being done again to ensure our procedures are followed correctly.
Trenton, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I went with my husband to his 4-day conference recently. The hotel property was nice, and the shuttle service was an added bonus. However, since I was just hanging out all day, while he was in his conference sessions, I was planning on laying out by the pool. Unfortunately, there isn't an outdoor pool. That was disappointing. There was a patio area outside of the pool, but it was shaded by the building until about 1:30 p.m. So that put a serious crimp in my plans. Additionally the gym was nothing to speak of.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for three nights. There was a sheriffs convention going on, so plenty of safety. Didn't have to worry about anything bad happening. The free breakfast buffet was great. The made to order line didn't seem to long. The lines moved quickly so waiting was never a problem. When we did have to wait, it didn't bother us because the fresh hot food cooked to order in front of you was worth the wait. Very delicious. The complimentary cocktails in the evening were great. Never been to a hotel that gave free drinks.
We went to the spa for a couples bliss. The spa staff was so friendly. Liked the fact my wife and I could go into the same locker room to change into the robes. Then we got to go soak in the jacuzzi tub. That was great. After the soaking in the tub we got the couples massage. That was the greatest thing ever. We felt so relaxed afterwards. After the massage they let us sit in pretty comfortable chairs and enjoy glasses of water that had lemons and oranges as well as enjoying some snacks. After we got dressed, I treated my wife to a pedicure. The staff at the spa was so friendly and professional. If you stay at this hotel we definitely suggest checking out the spa. Make sure you make reservations for the spa. They do accept walk ins but I'd suggest making reservation because they may already be to busy for a walk in. The spa is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Our room was up on the 11th floor. Never had to long to wait for elevators. We booked a king size suite but the bed didn't really feel like a king size bed. We have a king bed at home and the bed in our suite felt smaller. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. Hard to get a good nights sleep. Spend as much money as we did on this hotel we kind of expected better beds.
We ordered room service one night for dinner. Oh my the food was absolutely amazing! Best food we have had. I ordered the salmon. My wife ordered the Chicken Marsala. The wait from the time we ordered the food to the time they came to our suite was not very long. Only had to wait about twenty minutes, but I would wait an hour for the food. It was that good! I did think $3.50 was to much for a wine glass filled with milk. Next time I think I'll just take a carton of milk when we have breakfast in the morning and stick it in the fridge. The prices of the food was the same as if you order from the Cypress Grill on the main floor but they charge a delivery fee. A small price to pay for staying in the room for dinner.
When we checked in we got mixed answers about the pool. I'm allergic to chlorine and when I asked if the pool was saltwater or chlorine I got two different answers. Of the two ladies at the front desk, one said it was chlorine and the other said it was saltwater. I didn't want to take the risk so we stayed away from the pool.
All in all we were 95% satisfied with our stay. The only con was the small "king" sized bed that was very uncomfortable.

Stayed July 2014
4.0 of 5 stars 155 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Louis St. Charles
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Charles

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles? Share your experiences!