Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel is one of the best Embassy Suites I have stayed in. It is located in beautiful, historic St. Charles connected to the convention center. Easy to find right on I-70--and close to Lambert Field. Access to fine shopping, casinos, and variety of restaurants. Great for business or leisure travel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed September 22, 2013

For our family of four this was a great place to stay on our way to St. Louis. The pool is small but we were usually the only ones in there on a week day. The evening reception was nice to sit and play some card games with our kids and have some snacks and drinks together. For breakfast, the kids loved the chocolate chip pancakes and my husband and I enjoyed the omelettes. We really like having a separate bedroom with a door so the kids can go to sleep first and have a quiet and dark room while my husband and I can talk or watch some TV before we head to bed. Great place! Very clean and the kids love the water fountains and glass elevators.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed on a Friday night as a date night. Room was nice and comfy. Enjoyed the shuttle to dinner at trailhead (which was a delicious meal) and a timely pick up. Room was nicely furnished and comfortable.
Only complaint was the ac was loud when it turned on/off so I had an interrupted night of sleep.
Additionally, I called the hotel to check the rate vs what I found online. I was told they don't price match with kayak. When I asked if they price match with anyone, I was told no and to get the rate I found on their website I would have to book online. (In general, the person I spoke to was rude.)

Everyone I encountered at the hotel was nice. I was pleasantly surprised that I could not hear foot traffic in the hallway even though we were directly across from the elevators.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

When I made the reservation online, only smoking rooms were available. The Hilton system has a selection option to show that the room you wanted was not available. At most other hotels, they would acknowledge your preference even if they cannot fulfill it. Not the case here. Although I am not overly sensitive to or digusted by smoke, the room smelled like they had not made any attempt to clean the air in ages.
I always enter room request comments on my reservations. Again, most properties would acknowledge them. I made a very specific request for a suite on a high floor away from the elevators and vending area. Guess what? My room was one floor above the lobby, directly across to the elevator and one door away from the vending machines! Granted, I was too exhausted to go back down and request a change; so, I can't say that they would not have tried to fix the room assignment. But, I shouldn't have to ask.
Last but not least -- remember I was thoroughly exhausted after a long trip --- the front parking lot was full and there was a sign indicating additional parking in the back. What it doesn't tell you is that the back parking area requires your room key to access, as does the back door. The sign should be clear that you need to park illegally in the fire lane at the front door to get checked in before proceeding to the back.
At breakfast, the hot buffet selections had all been sitting around too long and had dried out. Unfortunately, the line for the freshly made omlet station was too long for the amount of time I had in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed here in August on a Sunday nite and a perfect choice for us. Rooms immaculate beds comfy and the manager's reception and breakfast were also very well done. The entire food service area kept clean and well stocked. Food choices ranged from healthy to the high calorie category so anyone will be satisfied. There was a fire alarm on Monday but the staff were very calm and in control. Can only say good things about our stay here.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I came from staying at a more expensive Hyatt the past two nights, and this Ramada exceeded it by far.

Negatives:
1: Front desk check-in clerk was curt and UN- welcoming, at best. Not a good first impression.
2. Is there a pillow shortage that I am unaware of? It takes 5 of the marshmallow sized pillows to sit up in bed to read. Three wadded up to sleep. Bring your own!
3. Sheets were too small for king bed and kept popping off the corners.
4. Couldn't get good wi-if reception. Maybe it was the corner room?

Positives:
1. Clean, modern, bright, and comfy.
2. I had a very spacious king suite on fourth floor corner. Very quiet.
3. Wonderful free drink and snack reception in the evening with sweet bartender.
4. The very best room service food! I had a fresh spring greens salad and a superb flatbread pizza. Server was very nice.
5. I usually don't use hotel toiletries, but I love the Crabtree & Evelyn here.
6. Great cooked to order free breakfast.
7. Right off I-70.

Next time I hope to try the spa! This will be my go-to place to stay in St. Louis.

Room Tip: Corner room was big and quiet. Rooms in central part overlook the central atrium.