“Good for a Convention...but”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I was just at the Embassy Suites for a Convention... It was a nice room, and I did enjoy the fact that I had a nice, large suite, rather than a basic room for a convention. However, I really am tired of hotels charging me to have internet in my hotel room - what's up with that? 10 more bucks a day? (but it's free in the business center?) and one day I was charged 3 times for it? (they removed the charge on check out) Also, one convention day, I went up to my room at 4pm to find that my room had not yet been cleaned - I called the front desk & they told me to grab the housekeeper who was outside in the hall & to get her to clean my room - the woman barely spoke english, so communication was not so good... Also, parking was not the best - you rarely could find a spot in the front of the hotel, most of the time you had to park in the back, so if you have a lot of luggage - plan on using the bellman or making lots of trips to the car. Overall, it's a decent hotel and the convention facilities are very nice - but the hotel could use some management improvement!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank snooksinK.C.

Reviewed April 30, 2008

This is the third time we have stayed at the Embassy Suites in St. Charles, MO; and we are never, ever disappointed. It is a beautiful hotel, well maintained inside & out. The rooms are always spotless. It is so comfortable & relaxing, we just love it. The only problem we experienced this time was that there was a prom being held at the convention center and the young adults parked in the Embassy Suites parking spaces rather than using the parking lot provided by the convention center. We felt like someone from the hotel should have addressed that issue before it occurred. But we certainly didn't let that interfere with our awesome stay. E. Best

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. We were visiting friends who hired a car and chauffered us about. However without a car we would have been stranded. This hotel has very little around it but it shouldn't be a problem as most people drive. The hotel itself is very new around 2 years old I think. Our accomodation was clean and we had no complaints other than that we did not have a safe or a fridge. The hotel has complimentary breakfast and the managers reception consisting of free drinks between 5.30-7.30 included in the rate which makes it an absolute bargain for families. It is geared up mainly for conferences as it has a very large wing to accomodate them. The hotel also has a very reasonable menu for room service .We had a meal in the resturant with our friends on the last night and it was excellent in quality and price.

Reviewed April 15, 2008

Just a warning, this hotel is not very kid-friendly at all! If you want one that is, I recommend the Hampton Inns over this hotel by far. First of all, they have absolutely no complimentary drinks or snacks in the lobby- no coffee, juice, water, fruit, anything, nada! They do have a little snack shop for a hefty price but that is only available until early evening. After returning from a cardinals game at 10:30 pm, I was advised by the concierge to "go get something out of the vending machines." He then went back to playing games on his computer and ignored me. Horrible customer service. The only thing in the vending machines was soda pop. I'm sure my 10 month old and 3 yr. old should be drinking soda to satisfy their thirst! Also, there was a broken glass in our suite and our suite was only prepared for one guest- 1 washcloth- when we registered for 5. The breakfast was only available until 9 so we ended up at a cracker barrel. Also, the juice, coffee, and milk is ONLY avail during breaskfast times as well. We also ended up ordering room service for our 3 yr. old (this was the only way to get milk without driving several miles down the interstate), got him a chicken strip kids meal and they overcharged us (as an adult meal I guess) and then would not refund the overcharged amount. This hotel is horrible and I cannot imagine why it is ranked as the number 1 embassy suites. The others must be really bad! By the way, there is not 100% satisfaction guaranteed here either. So if you don't like it, too bad, don't stay there again. I guess that is their policy. If you choose to stay here, just remember that you were warned.

2  Thank watkins1981
Reviewed April 4, 2008

We've just returned from a two day stay at the Embassy Suites in St. Charles. It is a beautiful hotel! I think it was built in 2006 but everything still looks brand new. The rooms are large and the beds are so comfortable. I think all the rooms are two room suites with refrigerator and microwave. We had two 11 year old boys with us. They loved the pool and the hot tub. They loved having a separate room with their own tv. The elevators are very speedy. You get free breakfast every morning and the chef prepares it for you. They have a huge selection - omelettes, waffles, pancakes, eggs, etc. Basically whatever you want. The chef was cheerful and fast!! I can't think of a negative thing to say about this hotel. I will definitely stay here when I'm in the area again. It was a spectacular stay. It is about 25 minutes from the Arch and about 15 minutes from the St. Louis Mills. We did not have bad traffic so it was worth staying outside the city. Definitely give this hotel a try. It will be a memorable stay.

1  Thank dot2dot5
Reviewed March 30, 2008

We stayed at the St. Charles, Missouri Embassy Suites from March 20-23, 2008. This was one of the quietest hotels we have stayed in, because when you are in the bedroom, the living room blocks the noise from the hallway. This was a good thing because there were hundreds of kids running around the hotel, since it was Spring Break.
The hot breakfast was very good with great omelets made to order. William cooks the omelets and he is a character and great guy. The happy hour at 5:30 every evening is great as well - there are snacks and unlimited drinks and cocktails.
We can't say enough about the shuttle service the hotel provides. We took the shuttle each night into St. Charles for a meal. This allowed us to have drinks with dinner and not worry about driving. The only drawback was the tightwads who did not tip the drivers.
The pool and jacuzzi and fitness center were all good. There are also two computers for use in the Business Center. We highly recommend this hotel. The only other recommendation we would make is to avoid the restaurants in the Ameristar Casino. They are overpriced and over-rated. Go into St. Charles and eat at The Vine, which is a lovely small restaurant with excellent food/wine and music.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heloise
Reviewed March 24, 2008

We were SO pleased with our experience at this hotel. Much better breakfast than the average Embassy Suites.

A NICE hotel and really good staff.

They do not have suites that are two bedroom, so be aware that an upgrade to that is not available.

It's next door to a Cracker Barrell, and across the street from a grocery store, fast food, Bass Pro Shop, etc.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family