“Great Hotel for Work Travel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Hotel for Work Travel”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel as it was the host hotel for the conference I was attending in the convention centre next door. Check in and check out were quick and easy. All staff I dealt with were very friendly.

I booked a non smoking room. It smelt smoke free, was clean and huge. I liked the separate living and sleeping space. The bed was comfortable. I would describe the decor as a bit outdated but that was not important to me.

I ate in the hotel restaurant and was surprised that the food tasted as good as it did, as not all hotel restaurants do. Prices were typical of eating at a hotel. The waiter I had at dinner was awesome, he talked me into ordering a cheaper item because it was tastier and he was right. I love that kind of honest service. I also loved the complimentary happy hour. Free drinks and snacks was a lovely surprise. They also offer a free breakfast each morning. I did not go as my conference provided us with breakfast but I never noticed the long lines other reviewers mentioned; perhaps because I stayed during the week.

The hotel is located on the other side of the freeway and nothing is in walking distance which was a big drawback, so it is nice that they offer a free shuttle downtown.

Overall I was pleased with my stay at this hotel and will remember this chain in the future.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
East Peoria, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We decided to stay at this property as we were attending an auction in the attached Convention Center. The staff was courteous, efficient, and helpful. Check-in took all of a minute. We loved the atrium style and, unlike some hotels, there was minimum noise that carried upward. Our room was extremely quiet, even though it faced the interstate. Loved the 2-room style and the wide doorways. Absolutely loved the wonderful, crispy, linens on the bed. Felt so elegant. The complimentary breakfast offered a nice selection, especially the opportunity for cooked-to-order items. Everything was perfect for us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
EmbassyStsStCharles, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! We hope you have had the opportunity to also visit our award-winning property in East Peoria! Please come back soon!
Ohio
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I recently traveled to St. Louis on business and based on a co-worker's recommendation, stayed at this property. I absolutely love the atrium style design and decor of this property, it is gorgeous! The rooms are so spacious and quiet. I enjoy having the bedroom as a separate room with a closing door! The manager's reception was wonderful and a nice way to unwind after a day of travel and work. The complimentary breakfast was great with many choices including made to order items - I especially enjoyed the chocolate chip pancakes! The location of this properly is convenient to many attractions and they offer a complimentary shuttle service until 11 pm within a 3-mile radius of the property. I recommend going downtown to St. Charles to unwind or the nearby Ameristar Casino. I highly recommend this property and will stay here again when my business travels bring me to St. Louis.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! And please thank your co-worker for recommending us to you! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our great city!
Georgia
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The location near the Interstate is handy, the included breakfast a cut above the competition, and the bedrooms quiet even across the hall from the elevator. We didn't use the pool or exercise room. The staff couldn't seem to get the smoke smell out of our two rooms--some addict may have been smoking in a nearby room, which they thought might have been on the floor above or below. No offer was made to move us, and it wasn't overwhelming, just an irritant. Egg omelets in the morning were cooked to order, although the line is long after around 9.

Check-in was courteous, although we had to return to the front desk twice to get our credit card charge processed properly. Even the morning after it was cleared up, we were called back and then told everything was fine. Wall Street Journal or USA Today is provided in the lobby free of charge, but the little shop adjoining the lobby ran out of the local newspaper early on the weekend. Overall a decent experience, but certainly not outstanding.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us. We strive for outstanding and will look into these areas of concern. We hope you will think of us again for a future stay and check our progress. Thank you!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights. Overall it was a good value, as we had plenty of room and the staff at the hotel were very accommodating and attentive. My one criticism is that our room smelled like smoke, even though the hotel staff assured me that the entire floor is non-smoking. Perhaps the smoke wafted in from other floors through the vents, as there are smoking rooms in this hotel. The constant smell of smoke negatively impaced our entire stay. On the positive side, our daughter loved the pool and we had a great meal at the restaurant in the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a non-smoking floor and ask to see (and smell) the room before you unpack.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Had to travel to St. Louis for business and was staying at the Wingate and I met a co worker for the manager's reception and immediately changed hotels. The managers reception includes complimentary happy hour from 5:30 to 7:30. As well as complimentary snacks and a fantastic made to order breakfast. Chris ,the shuttle driver, was exceptional. Since my company books often so they even negotiated a reduced rate. This will be the only place for me when I travel to St. Louis. The only small complaint is that when I checked out the room rate had not been adjusted and it took three managers to resolve.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Illinois
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed a couple months ago. Price is a bit high and it is a typical Embassy Suites. Very loud at night. Rooms decent, nothing special. Breakfast lines long and chaotic. There are better places to stay in St Charles.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family