“Awesome Breakfast”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed May 9, 2012

If you stay here make sure you get down to eat breakfast. The two guys that cook the "made-to-order" food were wonderful. They were funny & very nice. They will also make your omelet or pancake however you want. The omelets & french toast were so good I couldn't wait until the
next morning to get it again. They also have free drinks & snacks in the evening.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rene B
EmbassyStsStCharles, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Thank you Renee! So glad to hear you really enjoyed our cooked-to-order breakfast. It's just one of the core values that we agree - is awesome! Appreciate your nice comments on our associates and they may need bigger Chef hats for their growing egos! Please come see us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,289)

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in St Charles for an ice skating competition for our granddaughter. We have a wonderful suite, great breakfast, and enjoyed downtown St Charles and also St Louis. Location of the hotel is great and the room was very clean and comfortable. Great value for the money. Beautiful lobby and pool area. We would definitely return to this hotel if in this area again.

Room Tip: Elevator area could be noisy as it is very busy. Our room was away from it.
1  Thank deanna46
EmbassyStsStCharles, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us during the ice skating competition. We are pleased to read we did our job and you would like to come back! St. Charles is a great, easy location and we glad you think so too! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

This is my 3rd stay at this hotel, twice for a convention and once for a pleasure trip. I have read some of the reviews, and must say, I'm not sure where the negative ones are coming from. I am a neat freak, and this hotel has never disappointed me. The rooms are large and comfortable with 2 TV's and a nice sitting area. The free breakfast, although a hassle if you are in a hurry and want "made to order", is plentiful and tasty. When I didn't have time to order the omlette or wait in line for the meat, I satisfied myself with the eggs, french toast, fruit, yogurt and cereal on the buffet. The afternoon reception is also phenomenal. No limted "tickets" for drinks here. You can sit for 2 hours and enjoy snacks which vary depending on the time you get there and the day I have noticed, and a variety of mixed drinks, wine, beer and the "house specials". Love the margaritas and they have made a tasty punch as well. Staff has always been pleasant and helpful, and in my opinion the best part of this hotel is the free shuttle. We love to have them take us down to historic down town, enjoy dinner and a few drinks, then call for a pick up. What a pleasure not haveing to worry about driving and parking. The hotel has a hotel and work out room which I have never used but always look clean and other's seem to enjoy it. One concern I have is the charge for "wifi"....really, in this day and age? The only other complaint is the lack of close parking. They have a limited number of sites in front and sometimes I worry about safety concerns parking on the side or back which are quite a distance from the doors. Overall, this is one of my favorite places for a weekend get away.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank catlover324
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stay at this hotel at least 4 times a year - I have family that lives in the area. Check in process was excellent and the team member who checked me in was very couterous and struck up a conversation with my children.

Since the made to order breakfast was free, there was of course lines. We expect it so it's really not a big issue.

We did notice our room wasn't 100% cleaned when we checked in - there was 1/2 bottle of booz and a fortune cookie still in the room from previous tendants. I did request some sugar to be brought to the room around 10:00PM but nobody ever came up. I was given a standard room vs. the normal corner suite.

As a top tier Hilton Diamond member, I expected a little bit better.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is a great hotel for business meetings. It's extremely comfortable, the food is delicious, the service is awesome and it's a quick, easy ride from the airport. Meeting space is nice, the breaks were very good and they have a spa if you have any spare time. They will even give you a shuttle ride to and from the nearby St. Charles village area if you aren't up for the walk. On top of everything, the price is very reasonable.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room. Mine was right in front of the hotel, and I never heard a sou...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyStsStCharles, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your incredibly nice review! We will share with our entire team! Hope you come back often!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The room was very clean and comfortable. There is an 11 story atrium with fountain, restaurant, eating area, check-in and elevators. Because it is so open, it gets very noisy. Fortunately, with the bedroom set away from the atrium and hall - it is quiet there. There were many junior high girls volleyball teams running around as well as quite a few St Patrick's Day partiers who had a few too many drinks that were quite noisy.
We waited a long time for an elevator on Sunday when checking out - when the doors opened people wouldn't move to make room so we finally took the stairs. Breakfast was good - just be prepared to wait for the omelets and french toast. Coffee was made available while standing in line. It is nice that you don't have to wait in line for hot food as there is other hot food available right away on a different line.
We didn't use the pool but it is not very large. Because of all the kids being there - it was packed when we looked at it.

Room Tip: Upgraded room is only to a larger corner room which, we were told, goes from a king bed to two doubl...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
EmbassyStsStCharles, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Thank you for your response. You are so right - we did have many teams in with tournaments over the St. Patrick's Day weekend. Those kiddos and parents can get pretty excited when the teams are doing well! We hope to see you back.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

This John Q. Hammons property lives up to the standards of John Q. I only know this because there was a book in the nightstand about John Q. that I started reading about this icon. We arrived in the St. Louis area for a short shopping trip. When we arrived, we asked for recommendations for a good restaurant, (even though the Cracker Barrel was close by). The front desk clerk recommended that we go to the historic district and even offered the shuttle service since we were not familiar with the area. The shuttle driver was very polite and friendly, he took us to the recommended restaurant and gave us menu items to consider. We ate, called the driver and he was back before we could get to the door. Later that evening, my husband went back downstairs and the shuttle driver had made some cake and offered some for us...it was delicious!!! The hotel even had a card near the nightstand that had a prayer for those traveling and staying in the hotel. I must say that even though the hotel was busy, the staff made us feel as though we were the only ones there. They were ALWAYS friendly and attentive...from the front desk, to the shuttle drive, to the nice young lady in the gift shop. I have previously stayed in another John Q. property in Hot Springs and the service was also exceptional. Great job John Q. Hammons employees!!!

Room Tip: Get a corner suite...really quiet.
1  Thank lauryn57

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your stories. We are big fans of Mr. Hammons. He's an incredible visionary! Please come back soon!