“Great place for a girls weekend!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
West Central Illinois
“Great place for a girls weekend!”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I stayed at the Embassy Suites in March for a girls get away weekend. It was perfect as the rooms were large with a great living room area and the shuttle service to all the local places was perfect so we didn't have to drive after a few drinks. The only drawback was the bathrooms are all in one, meaning no sink on the outside so it was painstakenly slow for 4 of us in a room to get ready when shower, sink and mirror were all in one room. The cocktail hour was OK but the drinks were nothing special. The free breakfast was nice the next morning but the line for the waffles, etc, was way too long due to a large group there. Those things happen and we just didn't want to deal with the lines but there was plent of other items to choose.

I would not hesitate to stay here again and I am pretty picky.

Room Tip: Corner suites are a bit larger than the other rooms but they also charge more.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
seattle, wa
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have stayed in the St louis/St Charles Embassy Suites a number of times over the last few years for business and while on vacation. I keep returning because I like what this hotel offers: large rooms (I select a king bedroom suite), a beautiful atrium, good breakfast, helpful staff, and a location well suited to my needs. I'm a Hilton Diamond member and spend about 70-80 nights in hotels around the world every year. This hotel is one of my favorites. My family likes it too. Our last stay was in mid-July 2011. The old town of St Charles with nice restaurants and shops is nearby and easily reached by car or the shuttle van provided by the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The furnishings in the rooms are top of the line, including new televisions. The staff at the hotel was the friendliest I have ever seen, especially at breakfast. They had custom made omelets and pancakes with add ins like blueberries, chocolate chips, bananas and pecans. The only draw back is this is the convention center and it is very busy. Expect night noise because of this. Pool is small for the size of hotel.

1 Thank rogerstk
Lawrenceville, Illinois
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Loved the location to down town St. Charles and the shuttle was very handy!!!

• Stayed July 2011
Anchorage, AK
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I got a decent deal for a 2 bdrm suite for $115. The room itself was great. It was large, with 2 beds in one room and a medium sized living room. In between was a mini-kitchen (or bar) and the bathroom. Problems were one 2 elevators for 12 floors. You might end up waiting awhile. The way the hotel is designed looks neat, but makes it loud. You can hear lobby chatter all the way up to where I was on the 11th floor. It actually woke me up in the mornings, since breakfast was being served. Laundry room on 12th floor was helpful. Hard to get individual help. Pool was very crowded and out of towels. I asked for towels and still none came 30 minutes later. I discovered another guest had asked even before me and was still waiting. Parking is terrible. Be prepared to have the driver walk. I guess the main problem is that for a hotel its size, many of the amenities aren't big enough. The spa hardly had any appointments available, it was a long line at breakfast and seating was scarce, the driveway at front for check in was often congested. The location was okay, but a bit difficult to get to with the frontage road entrance and exits. But I do need to say again, on the positive that the room itself was nice. The staff was friendly. One member of staff even offered to bring some items to the thrift store for me, since I was leaving on that day and didn't want to bring them to the airport or simply toss them.

Room Tip: Look on facebook or join their members rewards (Hilton Honors)
1 Thank macksinak
Zeeland, Michigan
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Embassy Suites in St. Charles. The staff was very courteous and helpful. They helped us find things to do and places to go. The chef in the morning that made omelets was great and amazing that he could keep everyone's order straight while taking the time to talk to everyone in the line. The hotel offered beer, wine and a limited number of mixed drinks with snacks. Thought the happy hour snacks could have been better. Otherwise it was all good. It is a beautiful, clean and wonderful place to stay. The other negative was that if you wanted free internet you had to go to the hotel's computer room. In the room it was $14.95 a day.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are the best. Government rates make the price very reasonable.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
st. louis, MO
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We decided to use some of my husband Hiltons points to have an over night with our daughter. Check in was a breeze, and we proceded to our room. The furniture was clean and comfortable. Sofa sleeper, chair, coffee table, table with chairs, fridge coffee maker etc... SOmeone said the tvs were old box type..this was not true for our room, we had 2 flat screen tvs. Door into our bedroom with king size bed. Our room faced the highway but the noise wasnt noticble. My only complaint was that the bed moved everytime my husband did would wake me up. We had this issue at another Hilton property so I'm thinking it may be the framing they had it set on wasn't very firm.
Free drinks and bar snacksi n the lobby..not sure why anyone would complain about this? Also wonderful breakfast in the morning, read some complaints about the line, but I will tell you I timed it and my husband stood in line 15 minutes to get 2 custom omlettes. Pretty sure we would have waited that long in any restaurant. Again it's free!!! They also had cereal, bacon, sausage, breads, scrambeled eggs, fruit etc...jiuce, coffe milk.
There is a nice in door swimming pool and hot tub, there are a ferw ouside chairs to sit on if you choose to go outside. There is also a workour room by the pool. Nice and clean. Stopped by the spa and the prices were resonable but we didnt have time to try it out, but overheard others say it was nice.
CLose to old town st. charles with many restaurants, bars and shops.
We would stay here again