“Terrible Service and Ok food”

Salvatores Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #86 of 274 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Don't bother! We used to love this place, until tonight. I am allergic to tomatoes, so I called ahead to see if I could eat something on the menu. I was assured they had many options for me. So, we came and I order a strombolli with no sauce and explained to the server that I was allergic and to leave off the sauce entirely.

When my food came out it had a side of marinara and the sauce had spilled on half of the order. Not wanting to make a scene I explained that I would not be able to eat half of it. She said ok and brought a box for that half and said that'd she taken part of the bill off for the mistake.

When the bill came they had removed on $2.40. I walked to the bar (again, to not make a scene) and spoke to the server. She said "well, you ate half of it". To which I explained I ate the half that I could and that we didn't want to wait any longer for food. She then went to the manager and explained very loudly what was happening. To which he said "she ate half of it?" He walked right past me, along with the server and went to the computer. They were all talking and be very rude. Next to them was a woman who was giving dirty looks. The server returned and the manager walked right past me again, and I stopped him. I explained that we called ahead and spoke to him earlier (all said with a smile from me) and that I ate half so we didn't have to wait. He said he was actually the person who spilled the marinara! Regardless, they took it off my bill and he said "we want you to be happy."

I went back to my table and sat down with the guests. We paid the bill and I tipped the waitress the full amount of the original bill. As we were about to leave, the woman who was giving dirty looks approached the table. Very rudely she said that she was the owner and they "normally don't give a discount for this type of thing, since you ate half of it and are taking the rest home." I explained that the waitress brought the box and that I ate it as to not wait longer for food. "Well, next time you can't take it with you." I said, "there shouldn't be a next time, if my order isn't messed up." She said, "well, this is just for reference" and she walked away.

This is the most asinine thing that has every happened in a business where customer service is the focus. I cannot believe that a business owner could be so rude. I will never return to this restaurant, which is a shame since I've been a regular for many years. Clearly they don't care about the customer.

3  Thank juliasface

Reviewed February 6, 2011

Good food overall. They usually have live music on the weekends. Fun place