“Fun microbrew experience”

Ranked #11 of 269 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Trailhead's American-style menu offers something for everyone. Our extensive menu features items ranging from meats prepared using a wood-fired smoker to a selection of gourmet pizzas, appetizers, sandwiches, soups and salads as well as house specialties and entrees. Plus, don't miss our ale-battered fish & chips, a house favorite! All of our friendly servers are prepared to offer suggestions on the beer selection that will best compliment your meal.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This place not only makes their own beers, they also make and smoke sausages and their own mustard. The sausage platter is terrific as were the onion rings. Service was very good and our table had very scenic views.

Bob K, Owner at Trailhead Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thanks for the great review, Steve. Tasty, homebrewed beer and tasty, homemade food: that's what we're all about! I appreciate the positive feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Bob, Owner

There are newer reviews for Trailhead Brewing Co.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We sort of stumbled across this while we were visiting and shopping in St. Charles. We were quite pleased. Service was good and staff very friendly.

The food was very nice as well. We bought some T-Shirts and glasses as souvenirs and the prices were very reasonable.

Great beer too!

Bob K, Owner at Trailhead Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Glad you had a nice time! Good food, good service, good beer—it sounds like we were right on point, which is really great to hear. I appreciate the review and hope to see you again if you're ever back in St. Charles!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Sounded good on the menu and tasted pretty good, but pricey for pretty good. Nothing REALLY wrong, but just not awesome.

1  Thank travelbug31589
Bob K, Owner at Trailhead Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

"Awesome" is what we aim to be, and it's a shame we fell short. We have a large and eclectic menu with many tasty options, though. Perhaps another one of our dishes would really hit the spot?

Hope you'll come back and give us another chance soon!

Take care,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had the turkey burger with bacon and avocado and was amazed at how good it was. Dinner companion had the sausage platter and was equally pleased. He said it was the best pretzel bread he had ever had ( and he lived in Germany for 8 years). Our server was excellent. ( and I don't think we were in her section, she just saw we had been waiting for a bit and took care of us.)

Bob K, Owner at Trailhead Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Glad you had a 5-star time with us, Erin! Given the fact that your friend lived in Germany, his compliments on our pretzel bread are especially flattering. I appreciate the review and hope to have you back at our table again soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were excited to eat dinner at this brewery on a Saturday afternoon. However, we received horrible service from the time we entered the door. We were meeting the rest of our party and asked where they were when we arrived. We were told they were upstairs around the corner. They never offered to lead us to them so we were left to find them on our own (there are many options in this building for "upstairs around the corner". We tried to go up a set of stairs when we didn't see them and were very rudely reprimanded by one of the waitresses because apparently we weren't supposed to go up to that seating area. And again, no offer of help to find our party. Just a dirty look. Once we finally located the others, the service was slow. The waitress was nice enough I suppose but we were waiting with empty drinks many times. Even a simple request for mayo took literally ten minutes.

As far as the food, it was expensive and there was not much of it for what we paid. My fiancé ordered an $9 chicken sandwich and got a flat chicken sandwich that was very dry and very bland with a serving of fries about equal to a small order from McDonalds. Another in our party ordered a $14 basket of shrimp and fries and received roughly four pieces of shrimp. As far as my food, if you want to eat with the rest of your party, don't order a pizza. The others were almost completely finished eating before my personal sized pizza even came out. It was a decent pizza, but nothing worth waiting that long for.

Then as we left, not a single person spoke to us or thanked us.

Maybe this place is good for drinks, I've heard their drinks are great. Or maybe for a business crown, but I wouldn't suggest it for a dinner out with friends. There are cheaper restaurants with better food nearby.

Bob K, Owner at Trailhead Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

It's a shame you were left to wander around, looking for your group, Kayla. It all sounds very frustrating. Please accept my apology for the situation. I plan to share your review with my staff and reiterate the importance of being friendly and helpful at all times.

I'm also sorry your party wasn't blown away by our food. We use only the highest quality ingredients and have to charge accordingly.

Despite your first visit, I hope you'll consider giving us another chance. Like any restaurant, things can get a bit hectic and backed up when we're busy, but I know we have what it takes to show you a tasty meal and the prompt, attentive service you deserve.

Take care,