“Good Food, Welcoming Setting, Nice Variety for St. Charles”
Review of Eros - CLOSED

Eros
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Eros is another solid entry to Main Street St. Charles, and definitely one to visit frequently. The menu includes a good variety of Greek based foods. My waiter recommended one of the day's specials, the Seafood Stew. It was amazing, with a great variety of different fish, shrimp, scallops, ad mussels, in a light, rich tomato based sauce. The saganaki was good and the hummus, while a bit plain was accompanied by nicely grilled pitas dusted with feta.
The best part about Eros might be the welcoming, friendly staff, who seem genuinely interested in making sure you enjoy your meal. This would be a great place for a long, leisurely afternoon or evening meal with a date or group.

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Gave this place a try tonight for the first time. The Mezes (appetizers) were really delicious, but small. I would definitely recommend the Gratin with pita chips. It was the best and a little bigger than the others. Both the chicken and the Greek salad were sort of plain, and not very large dishes for the price. I might go back for appetizers sometime, but I didn't feel that the meals were a good value, and nothing too special to make it worth the price. But it was a nice place, and something different for Main Street.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Me wife and I were walking (and shopping) Old St. Charles. We were interested in having early dinner and checking out the establishments. Pepe, the owner of Eros encouraged us to try his restaurant guaranteeing our satisfaction. He did not have to honor his guarantee. The food was very good from the kevas to the steak to the Greek donuts for desert. I was particularly taken with the Greek potatoes: they were wedged, parboiled, oiled, salted, and grilled with two types of cheese. Extremely tasty and something a whole lot better than a simple potato side!

The house specialty drinks were also wonderfully mixed and nively presented. We have been sharing our experience with our friends and intend on returning very soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Step away from the typical bar fare and enjoy some Greek themed plates. I had a Gyros sandwich which was very good. Since I work late, it took several tries to arrive before 9 PM when the kitchen closes, but was worth the wait. In my opinion, Missouri eateries generally rely on the standard fried foods, so Eros was such a find to "break the habit" so to speak. Since I arrived late, the crowd was not large, but they appear to have a later younger crowd arrive for music after the dinner hour. I cannot speak to the daytime ambiance.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We are down on Main Street frequently but had yet to try Eros. After some of the other places we normally go to were packed on Friday night we decided to try this place. The owner greeted us and went over the menu. Our server was great and so was the food. Very neat place. We will be back for sure.