“A Nice Hotel”

Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while in Saint Charles. The hotel was clean, quiet, and a good location.
Amanda and Michelle were pleasant and helpful.
It is nice to have a breakfast in the morning to start the day.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Joe B, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Bev013, Thank you for taking time to fill out a Trip Advisor Survey. I was please to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that both Amanda and Michelle took good care of you. We strive to provide first class service to every guest.

Thank you again for the kind words.

Regards

Joe Bryson GM

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Best Western St. Charles. My experience was excellent. I was traveling on business and had some special requests. Tom the Manager took great care of us, was extremely accommodating and made us feel very welcome. I will stay there again. Thanks, Joel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Joel H, Thank you for filling out a survey and for the positive comments I was glad to hear that Tom was helpfull. We look forward to having you stay with us again when in the St Charles area.

Regards
Joe

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Members of my family stayed at this hotel during Thanksgiving week of 2013. There was some initial confusion regarding the reservations (for two rooms) which appears to be based, at least partly, on the night person's ignorance of a procedure related to the reservation being booked through Travelocity.com. The problem could have been solved by the hotel staff's
telephone or email communication with that dot com organization. Memory does not serve well as to whether that communication had to be done by the consumer due to hotel policy. The hotel management and staff were very supportive in trying to resolve the issue. However, as coordinator of the arrangements the ultimate resolution had to be done by me. However, that being stated, I wish to offer my special thanks to April B., who provided additional advocacy services beyond her own shift without asking for overtime pay. Michelle and Amanda, also, were very pleasant and helpful during our family's stay. And additional and helpful information was provided about future bookings. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for overnight stays in the St. Charles, MO area.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dave K
Reviewed December 18, 2013

What a Great Surprise stumbling upon this Hotel after being snobbed and rejected by both the Embassy Suites and the Fairfield Inn. These other hotels were of course recommended for our group to stay with. After being told by both of the counter clerks in a rude way that they were "Sold Out" I drove off and happened to spot the Best Western in the distance. I drove over to the Best Western figuring it would be the typical dive. I was wrong! The counter clerk April greeted me with a smile, was very happy to assist, and very helpful to not only book with room, but advise me on the main attractions within a 20 mile radius. After all of this great service from April she then mentioned the free Breakfast and the price- Both of which were great!!! Honestly, I was caught off guard by this hotel and April's service as I was not expecting the experience to be that great. I will stay here from now on during my next trips to town! What a great clean, friendly, hotel with a value.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay on the ground floor during any of my stays with any hotel
1  Thank Chris A
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My wife and I found this hotel to be a great value! The hotel has a wonderful location right off I-70, serves a good breakfast, and is an excellent hotel with friendly and helpful management and staff. We reserved a suite in order to host a Christmas get-to-gether with friends, and we found our accomodations to be really clean and comfortable. We seldom are asked how we enjoyed our stay and if there was some way the hotel management and staff could have made our stay better. I had a hard time thinking of anything.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Michael P
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We use to stay at this property when it was a Quality Inn. Since Best Western Plus took over the property and did renovations it has been greatly improved. At check-in Amber was bubbly, efficient, and helpful. The rooms are good size, clean with comfortable beds and all new furniture. The bathroom seemed a little crowded and the main draw back was the toilet and toilet paper dispenser. The toilet is at the height for a 7 yr. old. Not good at all for someone 6 ft. tall who feels like they are sitting on a toad stool. The dispenser didn't hold the toilet paper in place and the roll continually fell off the rod. However, chances are we would stay at this property again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank james s
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Excellent, polite customer service with great amenities. Michelle was very polite and helpful in the morning and when we had to add another room in the afternoon Amanda was right there to help again. Great pool, business center, room and all within walking distance to a variety of restaurants and shopping.