“Very friendly staff”

Bradden's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 274 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This building is a historical site on South Main St in Historic Old St Charles. It's been a variety of restaurants over the years. It's a prime location tho.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We arrived at Bradden's in the middle of a downpour. We'd skipped lunch & were ravenous that late afternoon. My husband & I ordered two appetizers to split & a local beer apiece. Due to the weather conditions & time of day, the restaurant wasn't very busy, so our waiter had extra time to help us & chat. We really enjoyed our conversation & appreciate the tips he provided about the area.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Went here for a special date night with my husband. We live nearby but always ended up choosing our "regular" places and had never tried Braddens. So for this date we decided to go somewhere new. I hate to say, I wish we would have stuck with our old favorites! It wasn't a great value, just average prices and I didn't feel the food was worth what we paid. The steak was very fatty and the service wasn't great either. It wasn't a terrible experience, but we would have enjoyed our meal more at Lewis & Clark's.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stopped here for a bloody mary while shopping and ended up getting a bowl of the lobster bisque. It was so creamy and rich, I thought I was back in Boston! We got a piece of the coconut cream pie for later, I wish I'd have gotten two!! Our bartender, Dave, was very friendly and gave us come great suggestions on other places to visit during our out of town trip.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here with my family. Menu is classic US food but served with avoid presentation. Everything was fresh and tasty . Good atmosphere and the war staff dry nice and friendly. Will go again. In a great location among quaint stores and shops.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was our second visit to Braddens and we were, again, delightfully surprised. We chose to visit on a Friday during Lent wanting to avoid the over zealous fish fry lines. My compadre chose a vegetarian route through the Brie and fruit plate. The cheese was just pleasantly warm and gooey, but not a greasy mess. The fruit was fresh and vivid and delicious. It is large enough for two to three people to share as an appetizer. I chose to have the cajun shrimp skewes with fettucine as the side. The cajun spice had a nice heat to it and I ended up cutting up the shrimp and mixing it into the fettucine ( would be a nice thing to offer as a regular dish). Again, the portion was generous and came with two other sides, one being fresh sauteed sqaush which was delicious and nicely cooled down the heat of the spice. As their desserts are house-made, I packaged up half of dinner so that we could try something and ended up with Red Velvet Gooey Butter cake. Gooey Butter cake is a St. Louis decadent tradition and not for the faint of heart with an aversion to sweets. This was no exception. The Red Velvet undertone gave it a nice tang and cheesecake type flavor and there was a yummy butter powdered sugar/cheesecake crust on the top. Half of this came home, too. I am sure Bradden's will be a regular for us!