“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Memphis, Tennessee
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stay at this Red roof every time I travel to St Louis ( 8-10 times a year) It is extremely clean and the staff is the best. Totally accommodating to my every need. Theresa is the best housekeeper on the planet, Sarah and Brittney are wonderful at the front desk. The manager Jon always makes sure I am as happy as I can possibly be!
I made multiple reservations for multiple rooms over the 4th of July holiday and needed to switch rooms during my stay and they were more than happy to find something on the bottom floor for me with no questions asked. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I usually get a business king which has a fridge, microwave and coffee maker as well as an iron with...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next trip to Saint Charles. It's great to hear you enjoy the superior king room with the microfridge, coffee maker, iron, blow dryer, & 37" flat screen HD television.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this The Red Roof Inn before and had no complaints. This time is completely different. We check in and we have to pay for our nights up front; after the woman on the phone said we could pay after check out. Fine. We paid it. We stayed Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Thursday when we came back from being out they had locked us out of our room. Our keys didn't work! Ok. Small mistake. That's fine. We went and got our new keys. Friday rolls around and we come back after being out for a while and once again OUR KEYS DO NOT WORK. I was extremely upset about this this time. We went and got new keys AGAIN and stepped into our room. The maid had not been here to clean our room and it was 4:30. When we checked in the room had an odd smell. Not sure what it was but off. They really need to get their stuff together. I really may not consider staying again. I know you can't expect much but at least clean the damn room.

• Stayed July 2014
7 Thank Lindsay K
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize for failing in the basic task of providing you with a key that opens your door when it is supposed to open your door and not having your room serviced in a timely manner. The next time you are in Saint Charles please give me a call and I will make sure your stay is pleasant and hassle free.
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Having to spend an unexpected night in St Charles after finishing the Katy Trail, my 'sag' driver suggested this place. It was rainy when we arrived to a packed parking lot and only one room was left! Yay! The front desk woman (girl) was very friendly and cheerful. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the price was great! (even though demand was at a high!) I didn't notice any road noise during the night even though my room was near the highway. The next morning, a work crew was doing some sort of upgrade to the exterior of this motel. I would definitely stay here, again, as I only require a clean, comfortable and cheap place to lay my head!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharolyn L
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We love to hear you had a clean, comfortable room at a great value. Our proximity to the Katy Trail brings many riders through here in the spring and fall. The construction of our buildings keeps most outside noises, outside. The workers were completing an exterior paint job making the building look fresh.
Buckeye Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed here 2 days on business. Its a very busy spot. There are stores everywhere. They do not have laundry , there is a laundry mat very close by. My bed was really nice the room was clean. You can walk to Bob Evans and many stores. The staff was really nice.

Room Tip: The sunset can be seen rooms facing highway
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. As you stated there are many restaurants and stores in the area to enjoy. We are pleased to hear you had a clean, comfortable stay at a great value.
Lexington, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

It's no Ritz but if you need a place to stay near the highway and a cheap price then it does the job. I had a superior King bed room - it was OK, clean for the most part - no frills. Plenty of parking and a good size grassy area out front to run around with the dogs- who stay for free. Needed a place to sleep on a cross country trip and it did the job. Wifi was quicker than expected.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you found us to be a good value for the area and were able to enjoy our pet policy.
Marion, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Have been staying in this motel for over 20 years. Both the motel and I are showing our age. Checked into room and both phone and and sink didn't work. The room was a bit musty and a lot of small things like chipped paint and lip stick stains on bed cover. Asked for a room away from high way as it would be quieter. After driving 600 miles thought I would catch a short nap before I went to dinner—and then about 8 motorcycles came and parked in front of room. I was not happy!

Room Tip: Stay away from interstate side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Rowebooks
i0143, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear your stay wasn't as pleasant as it has been in the past. I apologize for the small things that were not correct in your room. We will direct our work towards fixing the detail items to give our guests a clean and comfortable stay each night.
Kansas City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We reserved this hotel room for its location and we could cancel it if we didn't need it the same day. Good location and was easy check-in. Positive: the beds were comfortable and appeared clean. Negatives: Smelled of dirty carpet and old cigarette smoke (they were supposed to be a smoke-free hotel). A black sock laid in the middle of the floor (it wasn't ours). Their was crusty yellow substance on the toilet and brown substance on the lid. The shower had soap scum in it and hair on the walls. In further investigating the carpet their was white pieces all over it and candy of different types in it. We were exhausted from a long day of traveling. We slept. Got up at the crack of dawn. The front desk would only say " here is the managers number call him". In 5 more hours we were home sweet home. We paid $79.00 for this room. How stupid were we?

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ShawneeKansasCity
I apologize for the uncleanliness and odor in the room. It is our intention to have clean comfortable rooms that are a great value in the area. We obviously did not fulfill our intention for your stay. Please contact me so we can discuss the problems with the room and make this right for you.