“Staff showed excellent custmer service”

Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Teresa at the front desk welcomed me with a warm smile and friendly conversation when I checked in. I was traveling with my puppy and she showed interest in him. John, the general manager, came personally to our room when our toilet stopped working and fixed it himself. There was a problem with the billing on my account but John was willing to work with me to get it straightened out.

There were many cigarette butts scattered around the grassy patches in front of the rooms, but other than that the property seemed clean and our room ("Superior King") was newly renovated. The highway noise on the north side of the property was also an issue for me, but overall I was satisfied.

There is a Bob Evans next door to the hotel, and a Hardee's directly across the street. There is also a grocery store across the street.

We would stay again.

Room Tip: Book a "superior king" room. Try to get a room on the south side of the property if highwa...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank comfortablynumb79
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I hope you found us to be a clean, comfortable, great value in the Saint Charles area.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at this Red Roof when in the area for a dog show. They had a nice grassy area, but it was full of cigarette butts, broken glass and garbage. Not a real great place to walk a dog. The room had been updated but the bedspreads were not clean or so stained that they looked old. It was very noisy as apparently some people live there full time. There was a lot of coming and going outside. There was one of those plug in things that perfumed the air but a clean room should not need that. The TV channels on the card did not match the channels on the TV so it was necessary to scroll through to find the channel we were looking for. Its a great location. There was free coffee 24/7 but at times the lobby was locked and if you wanted to get anything, you had to find the desk clerk.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank CecileT456
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I appreciate your thoughts on how to make our guests stay clean and comfortable. They will prove valuable in training exercises with our team. We will continue striving towards being the best value in the Saint Charles area.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The location is absolutely fantastic for anyone doing the tourist thing in the St. Louis metro area. It is close to event centers, Ameristar, The Mills Mall, and a wide variety of shopping and dining venues.
The room was decent, but the housekeeping had definitely slacked off the day of our check-in.
It decently clean except for little things like a sticky residue on the television and burn holes in the comforter. The evening front desk agent was friendly, but she did not answer the phone. I had to call their 1-800 number and have the corporate contact the property so I could get her to answer the phone. I took photos and left a lengthy note for the morning agent on checkout. She read my note and offered I speak with the manager, John. He apologized sincerely and offered whatever he could to make us feel better about the issues. He ultimately ended up refunded over 50% of the cost of the room. We felt that was more than gracious. We definitely would have no issues staying there again. You do get what you pay for.

Room Tip: We stayed in 204 - It faces the highway and a feeder road. It is slightly louder. In the distance yo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. Again I apologize for your room conditions and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I need someplace to crash for a few hours while on a 12 hour trip. I was pleased with the price of this hotel along with the pet friendliness. However the room I stayed in was disgusting. There was garbage under the bed that my dog kept going under there and eating. Stains were all over the carpet. But I understand some stains being a pet friendly but some just looked gross. I got so annoyed and disgusted by the dirtiness of the room that I left after 1 hour of trying to sleep. (With my own pillows and blankets)

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Jordankubz
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your abbreviated stay with us. Our aim is to provide a clean comfortable room at a great value. I apologize for not reaching our goal during your stay.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The rms had a really REALLY BAD SMELL, it smelled like a bad bad stinky locker room I will not stay here no more. I did complain to the manager/owner and he gave me one night one rm free. But I believe they just let anyone stay there by the week and that can cause problems.

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank CindyWaynesvilleGa
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize for the odor in the room. Our goal is to provide a clean, comfortable, odor free room at a great value for all of our guests. We will continue striving for our goal.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family visit here several times a year for family gatherings, and because our oldest dog requires specialty vet. care in Chesterfield, MO. This motel is perfect for our family because our two dogs are welcome when needed, and we can all be comfortable together, since the rooms are spacious and clean, and have safes and microwaves, and coffee available in the office 24 hours a day. Another positive of this Inn is that the management and staff have taken the time to get to know us and our needs, easier perhaps because we do have a history visiting there. Sometimes we need two double beds when more of us visit, but other times we get the king-sized bed room, that also has a large desk area and an in-room one cup coffee service. The location is perfect for any trips to the larger area of St. Peters/ St. Charles and county, and the parts of western St. Louis county, from around the I-270 and I-70 interchange, and west on I-70. This includes the new Hollywood casino in Maryland Heights, and the Ameristar casino on the Missouri River west of the Blanchette bridge in St. Charles. And the price is right, around $50 some dollars a night, depending on any discounts you might be able to add, or the time of year perhaps? Now, this Inn is not the Ritz, or the Renaissance Hotel, but then that was not what we were looking for. As long as we're not visiting Hawaii, New York, or Australia, this Inn has everything that is important to us. There is a Bob Evans Restaurant right next door, and there are plenty of places to go shopping, eating, or playing near by. Yes, it is near Interstate 70, but its far enough across a field of grass and a service road, that we've never had trouble with traffic; I also suppose the rooms are sufficiently well constructed to keep out most noises. No hotel or motel is perfect, and this is no exception, but whenever we've had to mention a defect in the room we were given, it was attended to quickly and happily, and to our satisfaction. Never had a problem with smokers leaving their stench in a non-smoking room, but have had to put up with other visitors who don't clean up after their pets out on the lawns! We have just reported the problems at the time - it is always recommended that visitors make their complaints promptly known to management and/or on duty staff who can rectify the situation to their satisfaction, rather than having to resort to online trashing of otherwise good establishments. On this last visit there, the lawns were kept up better than before, and of note, we know the management would like to add pet cleanup stations and will as is possible, but that will never make up for irresponsible and ignorant pet owners (pet poop left on lawns contaminates the environment and is harmful to people, pets, and our water table too, so pick up your dog's poop for pity sake!). The only things we could say could be improved upon would be if the Inn could be expanded to add more king-sized bed suites, and to add some rooms with two king bed suites, but then I suppose a traveler would be looking at higher rates too. As it is we are getting along just fine. The rooms are generally clean, and there have never been problems with fleas, yet it could be said that the bathrooms could use a tad more work sometimes when it comes to small areas of mildew around the bathtubs, and stain removal on the bottom of the tubs, though it must be difficult to keep such areas perfect with so much use. [We also visited the Hollywood Casino Hotel this trip, and have to say that though their fixtures and furniture may be larger or more up-scale, and cost more too, the Red Roof Inn was cleaner and more well cared for in every way (we were happy to return to the Red Roof Inn for the last two nights on our weeks vacation).]

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side can be quieter sometimes, especially on weekends when there may be more visi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We love to hear you find us comfortable and a great value for your trips to Saint Charles. We look forward to your next visit to our inn.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Booked 2 rooms for an overnight stay in St Charles while traveling with friends . I was surprised by the add on prices for the hotel safe but quickly realized why I might need one. By the time I made it to the room and felt lucky enough to not have passed out from the smoke in my "no smoking room" I recognized the sound of running water emulating from the bathroom. Not sure how long the water had been overflowing the toilet but I did feel really sorry for whom might ever get the first floor room below me. Within minutes of arriving at the desk to report these issues, guests were met by several members of the St Charles police tactical squad. That was enough to push me on down I-70 a few more exits to a real hotel. Red Roof...never again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Bob K
i0143, General Manager at Red Roof Inn St. Louis St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the problems encountered while you were here. Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price and again I'm sorry we did not deliver in this instance.