My wife and I stayed one night at the Comfort Suites in St. Charles over the Labor Day weekend. We chose the hotel because the price was good for a suite and the location was "fairly close" to the historic district of St. Charles. It is not within walking distance, but the drive is short, and the directions to downtown are clearly marked.
The motel is easy to find -- right off I-70. No problems with check-in and no complaints about the staff.
The King bed Suite was very roomy -- more than enough for two people. After a recent trip to London, England, this room was HUGE in comparison. There was a three person couch and nice desk and chair. Also had an easy chair with foot rest. The bathroom was equally large with plenty of counter space.
The motel is smoke-free throughout, although our room did have an odor (upon entering) that reminded me of an old smoking room that had been treated with one of those filtration systems. Honestly, we got used to it in 20 minutes, but it was a little annoying at first.
The room was clean and the furnishings were adequate. The carpet was in the beginning stages of "it needs to be changed in a year," or at least cleaned. But OK. I have to say that the walls are among the thinnest that I have experienced in awhile. When the air conditioner wasn't running, you could clearly hear various sounds from adjoining rooms and the hallway. I'm grateful that my wife and I didn't get in an argument, or people would have recognized us at breakfast the next day.
We ate the "free" breakfast in the morning.There were plenty of choices. Hot and cold. Two types of waffles -- regular and strawberry. Apple and orange juice and three or four coffee choices (although I don't drink coffee, so not sure). Altogether pretty good.
A pretty good deal overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an all suites hotel. Renovation complete as of end of 2016. Free deluxe continental breakfast. Free wi-fi, free USA Today newspaper daily. Fresh baked cookies served Monday - Thursday. We allow pets with a fee of $15 per day per pet, upto 3 pets and only allowed on first floor and certain rooms on second floor. No pets allowed on third floor including the St.Charles Suite. We are in same parking lot of Heart of St.Charles Ballroom. We are in front of Ameristar Casino and close to Hollywood Casino. Close to Historic Downtown St.Charles. Across from Streets of St.Charles and across from the Bass Pro Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Saint Charles
- Comfort Suites Saint Charles
- Saint Charles Comfort Suites