New hotel, clean with "suite" rooms, which include a "sitting area," which expands the average hotel room to approximately twice the size. Our room had 2 full size (seemed smaller than queen) beds with a sleeper sofa. Bathroom is larger than typical bathrooms. Has a tub with shower.
Breakfast included, and had eggs and meat - typically turkey sausage, in either patties, or links. Sometimes sausage gravy. High carb focus, not friendly for those watching sugars and carbs. Breads, muffins, pastries, cereals, and make your own waffles. Chocolate or regular waffles. Most items were decent, but not restaurant quality.
Odd to get to the hotel. Very visible to the interstate, but the entrances are hidden. If you are exiting coming from St Louis, the ramp lane does not stop. Slow and take the first right, into the strip mall, then take the lane to the hotel. If you miss this, take a right at the first light, the light is for the Ameristar Casino, then its the 3rd entrance, which is for a banquet hall. Fair warning, this entrance can be blocked by vehicles parked for the banquet hall.
Had severe storms while there. The hotel has sound deadening glass, very helpful in sleeping through the storms.
Make sure you get your rate online and print it out. They attempted to increase the rate on a family member, by $30 a night, over what his confirmation stated. Stick to your guns. Due to this, lower customer service and value.
IMHO, the extra space was nice to have when visiting with family. If you do not need a the extra space, a Red Roof or Holiday Inn Express, might be a better, less expensive choice.
Customer service suffered, as in many cases, they had only one person on the desk, which may lead to delays in service. Locks sometimes forget, and you have to get the room key rescanned at the front desk.
Indoor pool area was clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an all suites hotel. Renovation complete as of end of 2016. Free deluxe continental breakfast. Free wi-fi, free USA Today newspaper daily. Fresh baked cookies served Monday - Thursday. We allow pets with a fee of $15 per day per pet, upto 3 pets and only allowed on first floor and certain rooms on second floor. No pets allowed on third floor including the St.Charles Suite. We are in same parking lot of Heart of St.Charles Ballroom. We are in front of Ameristar Casino and close to Hollywood Casino. Close to Historic Downtown St.Charles. Across from Streets of St.Charles and across from the Bass Pro Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Saint Charles
- Comfort Suites Saint Charles
- Saint Charles Comfort Suites