“Last Minute Trip-Perfect Stay”

Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We needed a place to stay for an unexpected family funeral and this hotel exceeded our expectations! It's located right off the highway and close to nice restaurants and shopping (Walmart was very close). The hotel lobby was beautiful and featured free, delicious coffee (and sometimes cookies!) 24/7. The hot breakfast was the best we've ever had at a hotel. The rooms don't have a mini-frig or microwave but, because of breakfast and the 24/7 coffee and cookies, we never missed them! The counter staff was incredibly cheerful and greeted us upon every exit and arrival. The cleaning staff was also noticeably pleasant, and accommodating when we needed extra towels. The room was incredibly clean and the beds were comfy. Our daughters loved the corner-angled mirrors in the bathroom and got a kick out of the fancy towel sculptures - 2 swans made out of handtowels! For the price, this was an exceptional value. This will be our favorite hotel whenever we're in St. Louis to see our family from now on!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Jim W, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to St. Charles and we look forward to your next stay. I will let our housekeeping department know how much you enjoyed the towel display. Thanks so much for your feedback.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I stay at hamptons for consistent quality. I was pleasantly surprised that they had just remodeled. Great rooms, excellent buffet in the morning, and all for a good value. Would recommend if you need a place in st. Charles.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank bolza

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding our hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to St. Chalres. We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The stay went really well. No problems with noise, the room or the service. My main problem was realizing the day that I checked out that I had left some things in the room. When I called the employee acted as if there was no way I could get them that day. I politely asked if she could try to figure out a way. Needless to say "there were no managers" and there was "no way I could get my belongings" because they were locked in a room that "only the managers could get in". If that is the case I feel maybe they should have a manager on duty at all times. I am not much of a mean person or a complainer about my stays but I could NOT believe that I couldn't pick my stuff up until the following morning at 7am. other than that I would say it was a reasonable place to stay.

Room Tip: DO NOT leave anything behind.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jim W, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are so sorry you were unable to get your items in a timely basis as the items had been secured for the evening. It is only with comments from our guests that we can improve our operations. We hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was not upset with this hotel, however, somewhat disappointed. When I made my reservation 2 days before check-in, they did not inform me that the lobby was going under major renovation. There wasn't even a front door to the hotel because of construction. At check-in, I was immediately given a $10 discount and voucher for a free stay on return visit without me even saying anything to them. That was very nice. However, I would have appreciated the heads up about the renovation prior to my arrival. The ammenities that my kids and I used (room and pool) were not affected tremendously and really didn't dampen our stay. However, I felt like Hampton was not giving me the option by disclosing all information during the reservation process. If you plan to stay there soon, ask how the remodling is going... the fitness center, coffee area, and complimentary breakfast was all in former guest rooms. The service was still great, and I can tell that this is a great hotel under normal circumstances. I had called the Fairfield down the street and they fully disclosed their renovation during the reservation. Why can't the Hampton do that, too?

Room Tip: Ask about the renovation to determine if it will affect your use of the facility
Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karin B
Jim W, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your visit to our hotel. We are sorry we failed to contact you prior to your stay. We hope you will have an opportunity to use the voucher provided on an upcoming visit and see our finished product.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have stayed here a few times and have always been pleased. The staff is constantly helpful and courteous. I have invariably found my room to be clean and well kept. The motel seems to be quiet even though it is close to the highway. You are close to everything in St. Charles here, restaurants, shopping at Mid Rivers Mall, Bass Pro and down town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank elemay
Jim W, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments regarding our courteous staff and well kept rooms will be passed on to our team. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to the area for the wide variety of shopping and attractions you enjoy while in St. Charles.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was a little worried because some of the reviews were terrible. I had to stay near St Peters/St Charles area for 5 days for work and this was the most convenient (right off of I-70), reasonable, but decent option. The room looked very clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable. And the breakfast was good. I didn't notice the noise from the interstate, and my neighbors weren't very loud. The staff was very nice too. Everything I would expect from a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MountainSky
Jim W, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy that you were satisfied with your experience at our hotel; especially your comments regarding the breakfast and the team. We look forward to accommodating you in the near future. Sincerely,

Jim Will

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We are Hilton Honors members and prefer Hampton Inns. This Hampton did not deliver what we are used to receiving when we stay at them.

The good news was that the room was clean and breakfast was good normal Hampton fare.

But, the heating unit had a high pitched noise whenever it cycled and woke us up. I finally moved the thermostat down a number of degrees in the middle of the night to keep it from running. We were able to hear people on both sides of us whenever they talked or coughed.
Highway noise is not something we normally notice at hotels, even when other reviewers mention it. But this was enough to awaken us a couple of times during the night.

Some of the items in the room needed minor maintenance which created a nuisance, but not a deal killer. We left a note at checkout.

None of these items by themselves are necessarily worth a mediocre review, but as we left the hotel in the morning, we looked at each other and said, this does not merit a good review. (which is unusual for our normal experiences)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jim W, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and leaving the note upon checkout. It is only with candid feedback from our guests that we can make the necessary improvements to our hotel. We hope you will give us an opportunity to accommodate you in the future. Sincerely,

Jim Will