“Did not disclose renovation”

Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was not upset with this hotel, however, somewhat disappointed. When I made my reservation 2 days before check-in, they did not inform me that the lobby was going under major renovation. There wasn't even a front door to the hotel because of construction. At check-in, I was immediately given a $10 discount and voucher for a free stay on return visit without me even saying anything to them. That was very nice. However, I would have appreciated the heads up about the renovation prior to my arrival. The ammenities that my kids and I used (room and pool) were not affected tremendously and really didn't dampen our stay. However, I felt like Hampton was not giving me the option by disclosing all information during the reservation process. If you plan to stay there soon, ask how the remodling is going... the fitness center, coffee area, and complimentary breakfast was all in former guest rooms. The service was still great, and I can tell that this is a great hotel under normal circumstances. I had called the Fairfield down the street and they fully disclosed their renovation during the reservation. Why can't the Hampton do that, too?

Room Tip: Ask about the renovation to determine if it will affect your use of the facility
Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karin B
Jim W, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your visit to our hotel. We are sorry we failed to contact you prior to your stay. We hope you will have an opportunity to use the voucher provided on an upcoming visit and see our finished product.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have stayed here a few times and have always been pleased. The staff is constantly helpful and courteous. I have invariably found my room to be clean and well kept. The motel seems to be quiet even though it is close to the highway. You are close to everything in St. Charles here, restaurants, shopping at Mid Rivers Mall, Bass Pro and down town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank elemay
Jim W, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments regarding our courteous staff and well kept rooms will be passed on to our team. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to the area for the wide variety of shopping and attractions you enjoy while in St. Charles.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was a little worried because some of the reviews were terrible. I had to stay near St Peters/St Charles area for 5 days for work and this was the most convenient (right off of I-70), reasonable, but decent option. The room looked very clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable. And the breakfast was good. I didn't notice the noise from the interstate, and my neighbors weren't very loud. The staff was very nice too. Everything I would expect from a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MountainSky
Jim W, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy that you were satisfied with your experience at our hotel; especially your comments regarding the breakfast and the team. We look forward to accommodating you in the near future. Sincerely,

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We are Hilton Honors members and prefer Hampton Inns. This Hampton did not deliver what we are used to receiving when we stay at them.

The good news was that the room was clean and breakfast was good normal Hampton fare.

But, the heating unit had a high pitched noise whenever it cycled and woke us up. I finally moved the thermostat down a number of degrees in the middle of the night to keep it from running. We were able to hear people on both sides of us whenever they talked or coughed.
Highway noise is not something we normally notice at hotels, even when other reviewers mention it. But this was enough to awaken us a couple of times during the night.

Some of the items in the room needed minor maintenance which created a nuisance, but not a deal killer. We left a note at checkout.

None of these items by themselves are necessarily worth a mediocre review, but as we left the hotel in the morning, we looked at each other and said, this does not merit a good review. (which is unusual for our normal experiences)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jim W, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and leaving the note upon checkout. It is only with candid feedback from our guests that we can make the necessary improvements to our hotel. We hope you will give us an opportunity to accommodate you in the future. Sincerely,

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We checked into this hotel on our way home. The room rate was very reasonalble. The lady behind the desk was very nice and helpful. She gave us a 3rd floor room at the end of the hall. The hot tub was great. During the night there was a big storm with some hail, but the room was very quite. The parking lot had plenty of space. No refrig or microwave. Breakfast was very good with eggs and sausage and cereal. Very nice hotel at good price. We would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jim W, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel regarding your positive experience in St. Chalres. We greatly look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Jim Wil

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a nice hotel that I had the pleasure of staying at for a few nights. The hotel was located near a freeway but it wasn't noisy. I did notice that it was not near many things in walking distance but as I had a rental car that was of no concern. The staff were extremely nice and accommodating. The morning breakfast was good and the lady who is responsible for the upkeep of the breakfast area was very friendly and made our stay even more pleasant. I made sure to write a comment card about her. The rooms were clean, quiet, and I loved the comforters. I brought my mother along on this trip and she thoroughly enjoyed her stay as well. Because of this experience we started booking Hampton Inns in other cities as well. Thumbs up and thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Jim W, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your visit to the Hampton Inn St. Charles. We hope you find your upcoming visitis to other Hampton Inn's as enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you in the near furute. Sincerely,

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The hotel was located right off the interstate which made it easy to find. It was near three strip malls which included fast food restaurants, grocery stores, name-brand retail stores, and other little shops.

My first room was noisy: in-room air conditioner, outside air conditioner and exhaust vent in the bathroom. Jim, front desk, moved me to a room across from the vending machines (which was 2 less noises disturbing me). I figured no one would be using the ice machine late at night - I was wrong. Otherwise my room was fine. The pillows were flat and uncomfortable however. Lastly about the room, as Hobietim mentioned instead of a closet there was a wardrobe. The clothes bar was too low for my dress. It was a nice party dress so it dragging the bottom of the wardrobe could have damaged it.

The breakfast was your standard free fare - waffles, pastries, bagels, yogurt, fruit, etc.. Sat. was eggs and sausage. Sun. was eggs and sausage gravy. There was only one waffle iron so there was a line.

Would I stay there again, probably not since my friends live further east. This was a spur of the moment trip and it was near the place I was going to.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Jim W, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback about the noisy air conditioner and exhaust vent. Our maintenance team will be investigating these issues and making adjustments to any malfunctions. I’m pleased to hear that our staff was able to move you to another room but apologize you experienced ice machine noises in the second guest room. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we hope you will consider this an atypical experience. Your comments will surely help us improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Peters
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 21 in Saint Charles

Been to Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles? Share your experiences!