“Impressive.....”

Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights due to a youth hockey tournament nearby. We appreciated everything the H.I. had to offer. The front desk people were incredibly courteous and helpful. The morning breakfast was perfectly fine, AND changed a little each day, i.e. eggs and bacon, sausage and biscuits/gravy, etc. The pool was great. And the location was convenient to everything we wanted to do, including just 30 mins from downtown St Louis. Also very close to the wonderful Historic Main Street of St Charles, MO. The General Manager, Jim Will, took time out to talk to us about our stay, and we could tell he was very involved in making the stay a pleasant one. Darin at the front desk was also particularly helpful. We'd stay here again easily!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TimK7700

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Interesting HI, it was something else at some point - v shaped building. Staff congenial and well versed, until back fast staff trolling for comment cards and tips while serving. Room standard with older wardrobe separate from hutch, desk was placed by bed limiting one side of bed to 2/3s access, not very safe as well if you roll over. Otherwise standard HI what you expect and want!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I just stayed here for the 5th time in several years and it just seems to get better. They were very easy to deal with when I asked for a certain floor with quiet around me. The room was very clean and the breakfast hostess was cheerful and hard-working. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My kids said this was the best place of our whole vacation and we stayed at quite a few nice places! The room was clean, the desk service very good, the breakfast good and the morning staff very good.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Hotel staff very nice and breakfast included fresh fruit, waffles to make and scrambled eggs. HOWEVER HOTEL was built 25 years ago. The truck breaks to get off the highway were quite loud during the night. Hotel is well maintained, but new windows or more sound proofing needed. No water or extras for diamond status members, except paper. We had rm 313.

Room Tip: Choose a king if you can which are interior rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cingplaces
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent reveiw of our hotel. We appreciate the feedback regarding the highway noise and the positive comments regarding the breakfast and how the hotel is maintained. It is because of comments like yours that we can better plan the long term improvements for our hotel. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Jim Will

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel before and this time the clerk was new. When I asked for the aaa she told me that they were not honoring any of those room rates tonight. Mind you it's a monday night the hotel parking as not full. She said it's not her fault and got up tight when I asked her why? I'm a hilton gold me member just checked out of another hilton hotel and in my 7 years I've never heard that before. She said do you want to call customer service then they had nothing but double beds so I left.

As I was driving still looking for a hotel I thought I found another hampton inn but I end up to call the same hampton in. I got a young man this time and guess what they did have a king room like I always get so I had to drive back 10 miles the other direction to get the room. I said I just left your place and was told you didn't have a room, he said maybe someone just canceled.

When I got to my room everything was great like before and the lady at breakfast was so kind. She gave us survey cards to fill out to comment on how she doing with the breakfast selection. A first for me at hampton inns so because of the last 2 people I will stay at this hotel again praying that clerk is working another shift when I check in the next time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Jim W, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We have addressed your concerns regarding your first check in attempt and I can ensure you that this was an isolated event, and it will not be repeated. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay from check in to check out. However we are glad to hear that you were pleased with our guestrooms and our Complimentary Hot Breakfast. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Jim Will
Hampton Inn St. Chalres
636 947 6800

Reviewed May 18, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located and well maintained. The hotel staff is very friendly and do there best to make sure your stay is a good one. The pool is nice as are the rooms. Sadly, we got stuck in the "elevator" room and the noise kept waking us up at night. When I checked out and tried to mention it, but the staff was so busy, I just left. They did take care of it later, once I filled out a survey on my stay. We have stayed here twice and both times there were large groups of children (spots teams) staying so the pool area was packed both times. The children did tend to be noisy, but the hotel staff did a good job of keeping them under control and quelling any uprisings. Overall, a good place to stay, just watch out for large packs of children!

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the elevator and top floors are best.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#8 of 21 in Saint Charles
Holiday Inn Express Hotel St Charles

Been to Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles? Share your experiences!