“Great Place”

Quintessential Dining and Nightlife
Reserve with OpenTable
Quintessential Dining and Nightlife is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 274 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Quintessential has 3 levels of lively, multifunctional space providing guests with an opportunity to socialize with live music, contemporary food, refreshing cocktails and exceptional service. Located in Historic downtown St. Charles, "Q" is a unique one-of-a-kind fully renovated and locally owned destination spot for your dining and entertainment needs.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great place wiht a no smoking downstairs. Wonderful service and the food is the best in St. Charles. Nice variety and always tasty.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My first trip to Quintessential was this evening and I was very impressed. The restaurant has more of a darkly lit, romantic and hip vibe. It is definitely not a family restaurant and is more properly geared for adult couples with some class. Tonight there was a woman singing some random tunes on stage that provided a nice backdrop to our dining experience.

There were four of us eating tonight. We all ordered dinner salads and every one was good. Each of us ordered different dressings. I had the caesar and it was fantastic...not as heavy as some others I've tried. We did not have appetizers but there seemed to be a tasty array of them on the menu. There was a $4 martini special and all of us liked ours - - dirty, chocolatini and flirtini - - all were good.

For dinner I had the lobster ravioli. I hate every bite. The sauce wasn't too thick and had a nice flavor peppered with scallions. My husband had steak and crabcakes. From all accounts, it was delicious.

The four of us shared the crepe dessert, in addition to the creme brulee. The crepe has a slight raspberry flavor with kahlua infused whipped cream. Wow! The creme brulee came in 3 cups, including strawberry, vanilla and chocolate. All were great.

All in all, we left completely stuffed after having a wonderful time. The restaurant wasn't very busy - - there were maybe 5 other tables full. We had a fairly private area to dine and chat, which was nice. The pricing is a bit higher than other restaurants in old St. Charles but it's not out of this world. You can get everything from a pasta entree or steak to a sandwich or salad. The sandwiches are priced to what the rest of the 5th Street restaurants are.

Our waitress was attentive and checked on us the perfect amount of times. I have no complaints about this restaurants - - only raves!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Quintessential, or just Q Bar as we call it for short, is my favorite restaurant. So much so that's where I chose for my family to meet for my birthday this year. Whether you're eating a burger or one of their grilled Filet Mignon's you will experience fantastic flavor, great presentation and good value for what you will receive. Their salads are good too. My favorite is the fruit and walnut, with granny smith green apples and fat free rasberry dressing. You can people watch all the activities from a window seat while you also enjoy early evening live music on both floors of the restaurant, main level and upper deck (that is either open or closed in with heaters based on the weather). Great drink prices and top shelf liquor as well. Almost hate to review it so highly because I like being able to gain fairly easy access to a table, but then again we're early diners so that's really why.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have never eaten bad beef tenderloin until I ate here. It was sliced too thin for how long they heated or cooked it. I felt like the price was way too high for what I got.

It was really hard to get the server's attention considering we were the only one's in their at the time. The inside looks and smells more like a night club then a restaurant. They should have the two completely separated or stick with what they are known for, which is the nightlife for people with money to burn.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The food they serve is some of the best I have tasted in St. Charles. I have been a local in down town St. Charles for 7 years now. And have eaten at every restaurant in this town. Most of the time when people ask me where to eat. I tell them the king cat club, but be prepared to drop atleast 150.00 for a meal with wine. Which with most doesn't go over to well. The place now is the Q. And your not going to have to fork up the 150.00 for great food and drinks. Service is pretty good. But as I say about most places I go , It could use a good cleaning on the roof top. Oh yeah forgot to mention, it has 2 floors and its always a great party going on , on one of floors. Very important if you want to go on the weekend reservations are key.