“My "OLD MISSOURI HOME"”
Review of Lococo House III

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Charles
Lococo House III
Ranked #2 of 10 Saint Charles B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“My "OLD MISSOURI HOME"”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Definitely my Missouri home away from home. I have stayed at Lococo House three times while biking the KATY. Finished in November in quite fickle weather. I cannot thank Leo, Rhona, Dolores and Lenny enough for all the help and support. The banana bread kept me alive on the trail. I still think of Lococo House breakfasts. I would never stay anywhere else in the Saint Louis area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
St louis
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here this weekend to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. I couldnt have asked for a better time ever!!! From the time we checked in till the time we checked out everything was absolutely perfect!!! It was just like being at home. Everything was so cozy and comfortable. Rhona and Deloris were wonderful host and catered to every need. The breakfast was AMAZING!!! Fruit platters, "goosefeathers', apple muffins, french toast, pancakes, sausage with red and yellow peppers, hashbrowns, eggs, bacon....get the idea??? You name it, they served it!!! I know that we will definitely become regulars here. Oh ya, forgot to mention that the 2 outdoor hot tubs sure did hit the spot after a great day exploring St Charles and walking on the Katy Trail, which is only a couple blocks away. If you are looking for a great, clean and comfortable place to stay with great host and great breakfast this is the place!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed November 1, 2012

At my turnaround bicycling the KATY trail solo in both directions, I stayed at Lococo House II, next door to LH III at 1309 N 5th, run by Lenny, son of Leo and Rhona at LH III, and his wife, Dolores. I had no reservation, but the tourist office called, and told me to meet Dolores there. She met me, offering cake and lemonade. After I rode out to Machens and back, Dolores invited me to go with the whole family and some friends from Colorado out to dinner (Anthony's). That evening, Rhona and Leo invited me over for TV and coffee at LH III. Next day, I decided on staying an extra (rest) day at this, my halfway point. Dolores helped me repair my leaky air mattress, and gave me directions to the Bass Pro Shop to get some seam sealer. She even drove me to the grocery store to resupply! Both mornings, Dolores served me huge delicious breakfasts - she said she understands "Cyclist Appetite." My last evening, she and Lenny invited me to share their informal table for supper. This extended family couldn't be nicer! Being solo and the only guest at the time, I felt very relaxed, as if I were part of their family. I asked Rhona why their motto was "Girl's night out." She and Dolores went on at length about how, with honeymooning couples, the new wife often expects more alone time and less being made part of the family. They both agreed that groups of women were more compatible with the Lococo style, and, I might add, Lococo is ideal for cyclists. As for Girls Night Out, Rhona put it best, "You know, a group of women get in the hot tub..., bring out a bottle of wine..., think they can sing - like cats in a bucket!" I still laugh.

Room Tip: No need to bring soap or shampoo. Dolores has a complete collection of samples of every kind of soap...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Merrill C
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed here both at the start and end of our Katy ride. Great room, breakfast, hosts, sweets when we arrived ... Would definitely recommend it to all Katy riders. We were even taken to the airport afterwards.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My family just did a 225 bicycle trip and Lococo was the finale. Rhona is just the best and made us feel completely comfortable and at home. Beautiful decor and comfy cozy all around. Hot tub was a bonus! Highly recommend staying here. PS Rhona is an excellent baker and has written a cookbook, too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My four sisters and I just spent two nights at Lococo House. It was the perfect place for our yearly sisters' trip. We could not have asked for a more wonderful host than Rhona. She made us feel right at home and by the end of our stay we felt like old friends. She prepared delicious breakfasts both days, and served us special snacks each evening and after we returned from our shopping trip to St. Charles. I would highly recommend The Lococo House for any group of girls looking for a nice get-away. Rhona and Leo will take wonderful care of you. We are already looking forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Rochester HIlls, MI
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Rhona, Leo, and Dolores are amazing. My friend, Rook, and I stayed at the Lococo House for 3 nights. We checked into the Blue Room on June 29th, 2012. Rhona served "goosefeathers" and iced tea. The next day, Leo shuttled us to Sedalia so we could begin riding the Katy Trail Bicycle Trail (back to our car at the Lococo House). After riding the Katy Trail, we arrived safe and sound (it was 105+ every day) back at the Lococo House. We stayed an extra day to rest and unwind before driving home to Michigan. The breakfasts were awesome and we enjoyed cooling off for a few hours in one of their two hot (cold) tubs. Rhona, Leo, and Dolores clearly enjoy all of the guests and go out of their way to make everyone comfortable. Our stay was wonderful in every way! I am so lucky that I called the Lococo House for my Katy Trail Adventure needs because it all worked out so well. Thank you Rhona, Leo, and Dolores! You are the best!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends