“Place to go in St Charles”

Ameristar Casino St. Charles
Reviewed May 27, 2013

If u like to gamble this is the place. Located near old St Charles, it is a nice place to dine and also listen to music! I spent my honeymoon night here...the rooms are the best part!

Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thanks for spending your honeymoon at Ameristar! I’m happy to hear you had a fun time and a nice stay. We appreciate your review!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Best casino around, excellent food, and service. I always go home a winner, maybe not a huge winnings . Love the people and the whole place, very organized and again, the BEST , VERY BEST food at ANY casino we have been to, bar none, and have been to a lot in the U.S.

Thanks for the love, Peggy! We appreciate you being our guest and sharing your review!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Food, gambling, a dancing water fountain, nightlife, shopping, a hotel - heck it's almost like a miniature city! It really is an interesting place to see, a place that draws such a diverse crowd of people I've noticed over the years!

The dancing fountain as I call it greets visitors upon entry & is captivating to say the least, the water shoots and is timed perfectly from multiple jets to bound across the fountain and meet in the middle then fall gracefully into the water with great precision. There is a small gift shop & arcade just past the fountain.

There are a couple of different bars, restaurants, banquet rooms, and one big nightclub, plus a hotel with covered parking. I've only been to the casino and the Landmark Buffet over the past 10 or so years.

I'm not much of gambler, but I do like the Landmark Buffet & note they recently closed / re-opened citing they remodeled, however though I didn't inspect thoroughly I only observed a few changes. They still have my vote for great food, it's hot, fresh, & it always tastes good too. I really wish they would have moved the meat carving station though because this always causes a back up & after waiting in line to pay, then waiting in line to be seated, no one wants to wait in line for food too!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The time we spent at the casino was enjoyable. Everyone was very nice and helpful. If we had won we would have been overjoyed.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Cool pool, nice restaurants, but very noisy hotel which I guess should be expected at a casino but beware.