“Express need and Express stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Charles

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Charles
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Illinois
“Express need and Express stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I booked a stay at the Holiday Inn Express as I drove towards it on Priceline. I had inadvertently booked a stay with another hotel in the wrong state!! I was in immediate need for a hotel and the Priceline price was right! I booked the reservation from my iPhone and pulled into the drive 20 minutes later to check in. (Gotta love modern technology!) Our room was ready and we were on our way. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The hot breakfast the next morning was delicious. The kids took a quick dip in the pool and we checked out. Nice hotel, smooth transaction.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank funinthesun5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I live right down the street and had a situation arise which caused me to need a hotel room for the night. I showed up at 11pm on a week night and had my room key about 30 seconds after walking in the door. This hotel is newer and when I walked in, I was very impressed with the appearance. It wasn't guady or cheesy like most other hotels. It was very clean, modern and stylish. There was a nice indoor pool near the lobby.

I went to my room and was very surprised to see a half-fridge and small microwave, a large flat screen tv, nice furnishings and linens and granite vanity in the bathroom. The room and bathroom were very spacious. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The place was quiet. I woke up very early the next morning for work. On my way out, I noticed that their breakfast room looked much nicer than most other hotels and they seemed to have a lot of food choices available, so I stopped in for a quick breakfast.

They had the best selection of any free breakfast buffet I've ever seen. They had veggie and cheese omelets, fresh muffins, bagels, etc. Juices, milk, coffee. Fruit, cereal and some other items I can't remember. I was very happy to have such a nice place to stay for the night given the circumstances and I would definitely stay here again if given the opportunity. I was never a fan of Holiday Inn in the past, but it seems their new Express hotels have really stepped up the quality. The only downside to staying here was the price, it did cost me $130 on a weeknight.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Earth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

we like staying at this holiday inn express when visiting family in the area. the hotel is always clean and well maintenanced. I think it is only a few years old. alot of the other hotels in the area are old and run down. it is off highway 370 which is a great alternative from staying off highway 70 which tends to have lots of traffic backups. we heard they are getting ready to do some work on the blanchette bridge this fall for up to 9 months which will shut down lanes and devert traffic. The kids LOVE their new pancake machine. Staff is always nice and make us feel at home. You should try this hotel out next time you visit St. Charles.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Family S
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Recently constructed Holiday Inn Express. Well appointed rooms that were very clean. Exercise room was available off the lobby. Breakfast buffet was well stocked with a wide variety of cold and hot foods. Desk staff was very helpful in giving us directions to old St. Charles. Beds were very comfortable. It was a very restful and quiet stay. Wi-Fi was available in the rooms

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MtRiver
Edgerton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Clean, convenient, well laid out rooms. Comfortable bed, thick towels. Attractive decor. What more could you want in a hotel!?

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Tesnus
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The rooms were very clean and well kept. Each morning, the hotel provided a variety of foods and drinks for breakfast. The indoor pool was sufficient, but a bit small. The only negative is that the type of cleaning supplies that the maids use made the room smell a little mill dewy, but not overwhelming. The elevator needs a spruce up as well. Overall, it was a great stay!

Room Tip: Room prices were the same (even a bit cheaper) by going through the Holiday Inn phone number.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Belac25
Yakima
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I really like this Holiday Inn. This is my second time there. They really keep this property up. The front desk team has always been super welcoming. I get a little snack back as a priority member. I just feel they care about me here. Nice swimming pool. Satisfactory and well stocked breakfast. They keep the dining area clean. What I noticed this time is that it's a quiet property also. There was a large group of 4-6th grade students on some tour and although they were enjoying and were noisy in the pool, when I got to my room I never realized they were in the hotel. Several nice eating places nearby as well, a really good deli, I like Imo's St. Louis pizza. Padavan's NY in St. Charles but near the new town portion is a fun place for dinner and active. Volleyball games outside, good food, good people watching.

Fast internet, nice flat screen televisions, super clean rooms.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business