Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
$112
$88
$96
$94
Holiday Inn Express Hotel St Charles(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
$93
$80
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $101/night.

Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
$93
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $105/night.

$68
$89
$74
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

$162
  • Breakfast included
Wingate by Wyndham St. Charles(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
$103
$84
getaroom.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

All reviewssunken living roomsports barview of the riverslot machinesdouble sinksan indoor outdoor poolseparate tubhuge bathroombeautiful roommissouri riversitting areabeautiful propertycoffee tableflat screen tvwalk in showerameristar casinohot tub
Reviewed August 17, 2009

The hotel is indeed lovely. However, check-in is 3pm, and we arrived at 3:40 to be told our room was not ready (it was clean but had not been inspected yet), and to "go do something else for a while." We'd been hiking and were tired & wanted to freshen up, but no dice. The clerk printed directions to a nearby restaurant, but they were outdated as there is now a gas station there. We drove around and found another place, ate, and returned to the hotel to be told the room still was not ready. No apology or solution was offered. I had to ask that they find us a room that WAS ready because we were not going to wander around anymore. By the time we checked in it was after 5:30 pm. The room had no whirlpool tub, as I had been told when I booked. It was not properly stocked and we had to call down and request toilet paper. The complimentary newspaper never materialized. The pool looked nice, but since we could not check in until so much later, we had no time to use it. With no pool and no whirlpool, this place offered us nothing that the Embassy Suites down the road doesn't have, for a lot less $ -- and Embassy suites throws in a free breakfast and evening manager's reception. We chose to spend more on Ameristar since we were celebrating our anniversary and thought we'd splurge and feel pampered, and we ended up feeling cheated. They treated us like we just didn't matter. If I am going to spend this much on a hotel, I expect better. Heck, even at a cheap hotel, I expect to be able to check in at check-in time, and I expect management to make it right when they are unable to accommodate guests as promised.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank lfish
Ameristar-Hotel-Mgmt, Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize that your experience at our property did not exceed your expectations. We can assure you that we appreciate your feedback and have focused on making improvements to address the concerns you have brought to our attention. . We hope that you will allow us a second chance in the future to provide a better guest experience. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2009

I LOVED this hotel. I had absolutely no complaints. Everything was perfect. The decor is very trendy. The housekeeping staff is very good at their jobs. Since it's a casino, the rates for such a great room are really good. I think it cost us about $110 a night. I really wanted to go to the spa, but it was $85/person minimum. =/
But, of course, it's connected to the casino and there are several places to eat in the building. They also have a bakery, a few bars/clubs to hang out in, and an arcade.
I highly recommend staying here, even if you're not going to the casino. The place is huge!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank menasheep
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I was very surprised when my husband and I arrived at the hotel. When I first walked into the lobby area there was a strange smell that initally turned me off, but I found out it was the smell from the Mississippi River. I never smelled it again the entire stay. The hotel and the rooms were immaculate. I have a lot of phobias when traveling and this hotel is one that I would definetely stay in again. The room is spacious and the bathroom is HUGE! The only negatives I would say is the size of the closet if you are staying for a while and the TV in the bathroom had to much glare. You couldn't see the screen well. Other than that I say BOOK THIS HOTEL IT WILL NOT DISPLEASE YOU!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RochelleBuffalo
Reviewed July 11, 2009

This place is incredible. The rooms are very Vegas Venetian with a step down living room with large flatscreen TV, couch, coffee table and chairs. You can have a view of the river or of the 5th floor pool area. Very nice. The bedroom area was uber comfy with another large flat screen TV, great mattress and pillows. The bathroom was huge with tub, seperate stand up shower, two sinks, separate toilet area and another TV. Yes, I had them all on during the Federer/Roddick match at Wimbledon. The service here is amazing. I left a bag there, and they mailed it to me for free. Nice workout room with Cardio Theater machines. All in all, a great stay.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank lnktvlr
Reviewed May 16, 2009

My daughter just got married at Ameristar in the conference center. The conference center staff was wonderful! But then things went sour as soon as my daughter tried to check in. The so called supervisor Dasha was so rude to myself and my whole family. I will tell everyone I know to not go to Ameristar as long as she is working there. she turned a whole situation from something that could of been easily resolved into an explosive argument. She raised her voice at us first. I know it sounds like I am whining but on someones wedding day it is one of the most important days a couple will ever have aside from children of course!

Ameristar hotel will need to spruce up their management before we will ever come back!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business