Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
$112
$94
$96
$94
Holiday Inn Express Hotel St Charles(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
$93
$80
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $101/night.

Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
$110
Wingate by Wyndham St. Charles(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
$84
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$68
$162
  • Breakfast included
$89
$74
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

All reviewssunken living roomsports barview of the riverslot machinesdouble sinksan indoor outdoor poolseparate tubhuge bathroombeautiful roommissouri riversitting areabeautiful propertycoffee tableflat screen tvwalk in showerameristar casinohot tub
Reviewed May 16, 2009

My daughter just got married at Ameristar in the conference center. The conference center staff was wonderful! But then things went sour as soon as my daughter tried to check in. The so called supervisor Dasha was so rude to myself and my whole family. I will tell everyone I know to not go to Ameristar as long as she is working there. she turned a whole situation from something that could of been easily resolved into an explosive argument. She raised her voice at us first. I know it sounds like I am whining but on someones wedding day it is one of the most important days a couple will ever have aside from children of course!

Ameristar hotel will need to spruce up their management before we will ever come back!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
7  Thank jsmith5587
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I was walking around playing diffferent slots, not paying attention how much I had on my ticket. I went up to this aisle, not a soul was in it while I was walking up to this row of slot machines.

I picked out one, put my card in, put my ticket in, hit something but while it was ringing up, this strange old lady came up to me and said I left my 10 dollars on that machine you owe me 10 dollars, I told her I had no idea if it was on there or not, I wouldnt have a way of knowing and her card wasnt in the machine, She said she was way over there playing and just remembered it. I told her I was sorry that happened but didnt have the cash to give her and wasnt sure I had her 10 dollars.
The next thing I knew she called security and told him, he told him there wasnt much jhe could do hard to say who played the machine after her. But she started screaming I stole her 10 dollars. I just walked off, then went back to find my mother in law and husband, in a wheelchair and sit down to play one,. This man came up to me and said my name and had that same old lady beside him. He said we checked the computer and your card was the next card in the machine after hers you owe her 15,. 20 I said what. I said what about the people that came after h er that dont use the card he said we have no way ot track ing that. So pay her the 15 dolalrs. So I did ,. while she said she stole she stole it.

Keep in mind there are other casinoes in that town, just across the river, I dontneed some scan artist getting money out of me,. This man didnt have a badge or any ID on either, I just got tired of it gave him the 15 dollars and he said heres your money to her,

Guess she went to hit on someone else later and then he will come up with the same story. IF they can only go by your card, how about the people they dont have comp cards or someone could have just cashed it out.

I thought it was interesting the SCAM COUPLE going on at that AMERISTAR CASINO,.
BEWARE there are CROOks EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!! I told all my friends and family the story and said What a scam that couple had going. They will stick to Harrahs or the new casion by the ARch.

They agree no one looks at that tiny slot where the money you have in the machine is highlighted when you walk up to any machine. They agree its amazing she didnt claim she had money left in it until I won something and only when it was going off she came up distracted me so I didnt even know what I hit.

WATCH OUR FOR THE SCAM ARTIST AT AMERISTAR CASINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
7  Thank KraZynTn
Reviewed March 24, 2009

The suite-type room was lovely overall. It had 2 beds a "sunken" living room with couch, coffee table, round table and chair, along with a flat screen tv in the living and sleeping areas. There was a good selection of channels to choose from. There is also an honors bar/fridge, which is stocked with sodas and alcoholic drinks. The item scans automatically as soon as you pull it out and charges to your room, even if you put the item back. The beds were comfortable. The closet was small, but had a light inside which automatically came on as you opened the door. There is an in-room safe in the room. The bathroom had a separate commode area, a small flat screen tv on the wall, a double vanity, soft towels, a walk-in shower, and a soaking tub. The bathroom was HUGE!..

My only disappointment and suprise was that the room was not as clean as I would have liked, specificially, there was a lot of dust on the paneled wall that is between the beds where the nightstand is. My sinuses were on fire, and I ended up sneezing a lot . Also, they did not clean the table off well int he living area. There was sticky residue and a cup ring or two on the tables. Lastly, We'd asked for the "turn down" service. This is where someone comes to the room and turns the beds down by a certain time, so when you get done gambling at the casino, you can climb into bed. They also place chocolates on the pillow. Well, when we returned. This was not done. And when we inquired about it, we were told that housekeeping had gone home at 5:00, but they would come turn down the bed " in the morning" ( I guess as we are checking out as we were only staying one night)

As far as the casino itself, it has lots of games to play, and there are a good selection of eateries to choose from. The buffet is great! They have a crab leg night on Fridays ( get there EARLY around 4 pm), that is good, steak and shrimp on Thursday, a champaigne brunch on Sunday, and Lunch on Mon-Sat. It is a little pricey from 12.99-24.99, depending on the day. About the steak and shrimp night: I was disappomted with this because when I think shrimp, I think about "fried shrimp". The shrimp they are serving are the cold boiled kind in a huge bowl on the salad bar with coctail sauce. You can have those grilled too if you want. So if you are looking for fried shrimp --forget it. The dessert bar is fantastic! Yum! Great selection, including a chocolate fountain. There are two clubs on the premises, which are BUSY on the weekend ( Saturday in particular) Get there early, and good luck finding close parking if you arrived later as well as long lines. There is also a video game area for the kids, if you choose to bring them along. There is also a spa, a fitness center, and an indoor/outdoor pool with hot tub. ( Pool closes for kids at 9pm) There is also a banquet /ballroom of some kind on the upper level.

Overall I had a decent stay, but the room could have used less dust.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2009

Husband and I visited the casino a year and a half ago but didn't gamble alot. We have been receiving offers for discounted hotel stays and some free play.

My daughter and I checked into the hotel on Thursday, March 19 about 8:30 pm for 1 night, taking advantage of the $59 per weeknight offer. The lobby looked fantastic, no line for check-in and the desk clerk was very pleasant. We asked for a smoking room with no floor preference so we were put on the top floor (room 2504) facing the river.

The room looked just like the pictures on the website except the sitting area was not sunken. We asked for a room with 2 beds. The room has a brown/orange decor. Beds were comfy. There is a large flat screen tv in the area where the beds are and then another one on the credenza in the sitting area. There were 2 (I think) chairs and a sofa. There was a coffeemaker inside (no charge) the credenza as well as the stocked refrigerator (sensored and there is a charge).

The closet is small to average size. The bathroom has a standup shower, soaking tub, double sinks with a large vanity, blowdryer, makeup mirror and the toilet is in a separate small area with a door. The floor has a beautiful tile as does the entry to the room.

There is an indoor pool and a spa. Room service is also available. We had confirmed for a late check-in and then check-out was by 11:00 a.m. We checked out using the tv in the room.

There are several restaurants of all prices in the hotel/casino lobby. Thursday night we stopped by the diner and got a piece of pie to go. On Friday, we used our $10 of food credit offer that we got in the mail at the bakery. They have cakes, cookies, ice cream, Starbucks coffee, danishes, etc.

Regarding the casino, it was busy Thursday evening and Friday around noon. The pop and coffee is at a self-serve station, which we liked. We did see a few cocktail waitresses but more on Thursday evening than on Friday. There are plenty of penny, nickel, quarter and dollar machines. Even though it was busy, we were able to find a machine to play on, in the denomination we were comfortable with.

This hotel/casino is easy to get to, parking is free in a parking garage, and all employees were very friendly. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi, which was easy to connect to. The hotel is only a few blocks from the historic area of St. Charles. There are restaurants (Denny's, Waffle House, McDonald's) within a couple of blocks as well as shopping (Bass Pro Shops, Gordman's, Aldi)

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank tutfam
Reviewed March 16, 2009

If you are looking for a cozy, comfortable, aesthetically pleasing hotel with social benefits Ameristar St.Charles is for you. The casino and lobby alone are remarkably beautiful, and when you get to your room not much changes except, well, the privacy. My room overlooked the indoor/outdoor pool area (not the river, which was what I was hoping for but this was also nice). The room was the perfect size, the lounging area being my place of choice, and the bathroom second. The supplied hygiene products were soothing as well as the shower/bath. I found it simple to relax and read with minimum distractions, however there is the occasional group walking down the hall. I thought it was great.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo